Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question: Pay for difference for a type and SIC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TIS said:
but you'd better accept policies first and ask constructive questions later. The bosses like this better - pretty much universally.
TIS

Agreed, a great rule to live by!!

I'd take the SIC training - no risk of failing a type ride and you'll get some quality time in the plane that will make all the difference when you type later.

HMR said:
E- I understand what you're saying. I've heard a lot of "sim tricks". The problem is, these procedures find their way into the actual aircraft. I saw some scary ones recently on a contract flight. If somebody is duck-walking the plane down the runway on a V1 cut they need to get out of the sim and go fly a taildragger for awhile to remember what the pedals do.

I agree 100%. However, when you are dealing with a simulator training center that see the type rating applicant as a client, you'll see this result - anything to help them pass.

HMR said:
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to the kitchen. I'm baking a cake to celebrate your 3,000th post.:)

Chocolate, I hope?

I'm not talking about keeping the airplane on the runway til V2, like aeronautic1 suggested. I've observed guys (single engine military guys, mostly) have success in larger airplanes by being told to just slow the rotation down.

When the PNF calls "Rotate" he's not making a command, he's making a statement. He's telling the PF that the aircraft has reached a safe flying speed. There is no requirement to rotate at exactly Vr +0. Many very experienced professional pilots will say "Vr" instead of "Rotate" for exactly this reason. It's just as important to keep the airplane tracking straight down the runway as it is to rotate at or near Vr. I'm not saying accelerate to V2 on the ground, but there's nothing wrong with rotating beyond Vr.

The profile that I was given throughout my intial put V2 about 10 knots past VR. Believe my, once I got past the urge to pull it off the runway at engine failure thus winding up in the grass, and getting the thing under control on centerline and with the acceleration of the G, V2 was right about there. Still had 4000 feet of runway and 50 knots to max tire speed. It's was a learning thing that worked best for me.

"Mileage may vary in your location"

Jack Schitt said:
When the PNF calls "Rotate" he's not making a command, he's making a statement. He's telling the PF that the aircraft has reached a safe flying speed. There is no requirement to rotate at exactly Vr +0. Many very experienced professional pilots will say "Vr" instead of "Rotate" for exactly this reason. It's just as important to keep the airplane tracking straight down the runway as it is to rotate at or near Vr. I'm not saying accelerate to V2 on the ground, but there's nothing wrong with rotating beyond Vr.
A while back, I saw a Boeing training video of the effects on early rotation, late rotation, over rotation and under rotation on aircraft performance. It was eye opening to say the least. If you want, need or expect book performance then you have to fly it by the book.

'Sled

I can imagine

Lead Sled said:
A while back, I saw a Boeing training video of the effects on early rotation, late rotation, over rotation and under rotation on aircraft performance. It was eye opening to say the least. If you want, need or expect book performance then you have to fly it by the book.

'Sled

What with the assymentrical thrust forces of wing mounted engines not to mention the drag produced from a failed engine on one side.

You know, I don't remember them ever showing me a perfornace book on th.e G. Only told to climb out maintaining V2.

Aeronautic1- Are you flying the G200? I can't remember.

If so, please don't get Lead started. The guy is a walking G200 manual.

I'm serious.

Sled, you are 100% correct.

By the way, the aircraft beoing used in the video did not have wing mounted engines. It was a 727.

Aeronautic1, is this the way they teach guys to fly the Falcon in the Coast Guard? I bet not. If some newbie tried to do what you are suggesting I would be willing to bet that they would wash. Just a guess though. I am just a mere civilian.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back