• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for usapa wannabes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i support the AWA US west guys in this one... the east guys expect the world.. IF it were not for this merger they would be history.

It is really sad that they cannot figure this out. I hope all the AWA guys are ok..

I may look young, but I left the commuter I was at as a chief pilot and had plenty of PIC when I came to AWA. After almost four years I'm still on short call reserve and looking to leave. Meanwhile you guys went from liquadation(yes you were about to tank) to upgrades and recalls. Who got the windfall?
Well after all, as you westholes are so fond of saying:
That's what our side brought to the table!
AMF!

Right. 2004 with three years is senior to 1985 with 22 years. Sure, that's fair. No fence required.

Watching all you boys post to yourselves in this thread really shows just how much you don't get it. I really like how every airline pilot wife is now some money hungry, vacation hungry slave driver who is somehow in the driver's seat. Hey man, I've lived in AZ, but that's not how we did it when I was there. Grow a pair, and while you're at it realize that there are two very pertinent sides to this battle. The thinking that we should just accept the reverse windfall and let ALPA try to get us a raise is so utterly stupid and shortsighted.....it reeks of newbie, naive thinking, or perhaps it's the result of standing there with a lottery ticket that you can't cash. Either way, you're in the minority out there, so we'll have to see how it goes.

Either way, and back to the topic, ALPA sucks donkey, and those who are scared to go it alone are a bunch of pu$$ies. Few on the East would be stupid enough to think there's a big fat raise just a few months down the road. This ain't their first contract, so it's tough to fool them into thinking they are foregoing a big raise that's right behind door #3.

Nic or no Nic, there are about 3000 pilots who are DONE with ALPA.

You should really seek professional help for that rage problem you have. Been getting a little embarrassed reading your posts and watching you make an utter fool of yourself on this webboard.And you really might want to give some serious thought about getting educated on to how that senority list was put together. The 1985 hire UsAir pilot I was slotted in behind is a bottom reserve Captain out of DCA,same seat, same position that I hold in PHX as a 1997 hire. I'm 56 percent on the old list, 59 percent on the new list. What you fail to realize is that a 1985 senority date at your airline allows that pilot to hold the same seat and same position as a 10 year pilot at mine. And that is how Nicolau built the list . Regrettably your senority number did not allow you to hold an active position at your airline. And he addressed that,too.In other words the new senority list was built on what your senority number can hold at your airline,not some wild assumptions that no longer applied in a post 9/11 world. Just because you got hired at your airline prior to Dave O'Dell getting hired at mine that doesn't give you the right to leapfrog over him,even though that is exactly what you guys were hoping for. Sorry we don't see it your way out here,but to be quite honest with you,neither did Nicolau.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
I've been told to remove my avatar it's seem that it offended a few people, so here my last post until I find a new one.

Well after all, as you westholes are so fond of saying:
That's what our side brought to the table!
AMF!

Since we were hiring 30 a month and looking at 7 year upgrades before we tied off to the titanic, I'm guessing you mean that's what you brought to the table.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back