• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Question for usapa wannabes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3 years in Feb for me. This place blows. But having worked for USAirways group for my whole career this is just about what I expected to happen. My problem is the 1000 pic turbine. I just don't have it so I guess i'm stuck at this sh#t hole airline. But I am updating my logbook this week just in case.

Seems to me you might want to try Mesa. Fast upgrade.

How did you get hired with no PIC Jet?

3 yrs next month for me...same situation. Not looking to leave right now, though. Where are trying to go? Anywhere in particular?

SWA, I've got over 3000 121 PIC and figure it doesn't hurt to start trying. Just wathching the management push our operations towards the way things are done out east is sad.

SWA, I've got over 3000 121 PIC and figure it doesn't hurt to start trying. Just wathching the management push our operations towards the way things are done out east is sad.

Ditto, plus FedEx and UPS. I'm around 2700 PIC, but only about 1100 737 time because I never fly. I'm hoping things get better, but everyday I get less optimistic.

We used to hire people with no PIC. Most of the guys in my class had it, but one guy was an RJ fo at Air Wisky. Now Alaska's doing it with Horizon, 2000 hrs no PIC required. What a joke.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.....6000 hours two type ratings and three airlines. I assume the folks doing the interview figured I would pass training.

To the east guy's: We at PDT have a flow thru that we got in exchange for pay cut to secure YOUR ATSB loan, US managment, west pilot, PDT managment, PSA managment agree that it's in our contract, but the East AAA mec is blocking it, Why?
Mesa fly 90 CRJ but the east AAA MEC is scopping pdt out of 72 seat TP, Why?

In short you AAA guy's are a bunch of a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s!!! Good luck to the west guy's we support you!

To the east guy's: We at PDT have a flow thru that we got in exchange for pay cut to secure YOUR ATSB loan, US managment, west pilot, PDT managment, PSA managment agree that it's in our contract, but the East AAA mec is blocking it, Why?

In short you AAA guy's are a bunch of a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s!!! Good luck to the west guy's we support you!

I am former ALG then AAA and now AWA. I fully support your flow thru efforts.

Well, first of all, PDT is part of USAir Group so the ATSB loan was also YOURS. Management agrees their is language that supports developing a flow-thru, but it has not been completed. What that means is there is no flow-thru at this point.

The 70 seat and above turbo-props would be a violation of our scope clause. Coming from ALG, I fully support the DCH-400 or larger ATR's going to the PDT property. I think they are needed not just for PDT, but for US Airways as an airline. But if management wants them, they will have to negotiate for scope relief. In negotiations, you have to give something to get something. Do you think it would be wise to just give management parts of our contract. If we did, would they stop there, or start asking for more?

Finally, I think you will find full support for a flow-thru on the East. It's just the way you are attempting to do it that is causing the roadblock. I think your personal attack/namecalling at the end of your post carries the attitude that many on your MEC have. I personally hope a true flow-thru can be reached, but everyone has to agree.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back