• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Put Down The Laptops and Fly the Plane NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I almost wish they were sleeping. At least sleeping is not blatantly being negligent. I do take some offense to the initial post. As a NWA pilot, I have never used my laptop in the cockpit. Two NWA pilots just embarrassed us all.

And the differance between a laptop, newspaper, paying your bills, volume one or a new book is....and you have done none of these i guess..ops forgot about doing your jepps

The JetBlue computers fit nicely behind the thrust levers. The movies were sometimes hard to hear, so you really had to turn the overhead speaker down so you could enjoy the movie and not be bothered by those pesky radio calls.

Just joking...of course!

You guys actually believe this?

The last report I heard was a FA was in there with the two Pilots. UMMMMMMMM?????

They need to just get this story out of the f_cking media. You know. Really, the amount of bull$hit we have had to put up with in this industry for the past few years is nothing short of outrageous. Ok, they were on their laptops and were distracted, let me hear of one pilot on here who wasn't easily distracted by something non aviation related while flying. OK, these guys took it to another level, but overshooting airports, landing at wrong airports, landing on taxiways instead of runways, as egregious as these sound they have all happened. All that's required is being human and in the cockpit. It happens. How many thousands of hours, flights, and hundreds of thousands of passengers have these guys safely transported from point A to point B? I swear I would be so f_cking uncooperative it isn't funny. This is really troubling. Let them even think about putting cameras in the cockpit. I hope ALPA really pulls out all the guns to protect these guys.

Latest resources

Back