• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Put Down The Laptops and Fly the Plane NWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

The Northwest Pilots who overshot the Minneapolis airport by 150 miles on Sunday were distracted by using laptops in the cockpit, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The pilots reportedly told the National Transportation Safety Board investigators that they had laptops out in the cockpit while they were discussing crew schedules, the paper reported.

What else can you look at on your Laptop?

The Northwest Pilots who overshot the Minneapolis airport by 150 miles on Sunday were distracted by using laptops in the cockpit, The Wall Street Journal reported.

The pilots reportedly told the National Transportation Safety Board investigators that they had laptops out in the cockpit while they were discussing crew schedules, the paper reported.

What else can you look at on your Laptop?

Nice job guys. I can see it now. More oversight from the government and video cameras in the flt. deck.

I almost wish they were sleeping. At least sleeping is not blatantly being negligent. I do take some offense to the initial post. As a NWA pilot, I have never used my laptop in the cockpit. Two NWA pilots just embarrassed us all.

I dont mind laptops in route. However I do not allow 2 laptops in use at the same time. It is distracting and can lead to complacency.

Latest resources

Back