• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA(unbelievable!!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sadly, this is how this whole thing is going to play out over here. We tried to negotiate improvments with out much success. The proposal is what it is. The MEC will have to decide now whether to send it to the pilot group for a vote or not. The overwhelming majority support what the MEC is trying to do in regards to protections, but sadly, the company is trying to pin this now on the MEC. Typical.

If it goes out to vote, it will be turned down and we go living our misarable lives. D'Angelo applies for a managment position here. If it's a "No" vote, the planes will be sent somewhere else I'm almost certain of that, but who cares anymore. The whole thing stinks like D'Angelo $hit.......

Amazing. I think we have finally reached that mythical point in time, the much anticipated point in history when ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

I am so proud of the PSA MEC for standing up for itself.

Good job!

328dude, do you know how much PSA management wants those 900's? Trust me, they want them....it legitimizes their job and their position in the industry more than it does yours. Relax, and let the power of greed work in your favor!

Last edited:
Whipsaw contractors and B scales are in nobody's interest.

The aircraft and the jobs belong at mainline.

I believe it! Mad props to you PSA MEC! Good Job. We get a spine transplant to others and D. food poisoned, we be awright then.

80for80 said:
Ok, So you had to give up the "world" to get your precious scope clause. You had to give up pay and QOL to get it, so you say. Now you say that you want pay and QOL in your new contract. What happens when JO says you can have your pay and QOL in your new contract all you have to do is give up your scope? You Mesa pukes know JO, he's NOT going to give you both! So what do you want? As long as regionals are just franchises to a major, nothing will reverse this process.

You are a fool.

zman said:
like i said kerosene its all a matter of a opinon and there is thousands that would agree with me with and there is thousands that agree with you. Ethier way those airplanes will fly ethier with me, you, or the next guy that agrees to take the job!

For a while, but not too much longer. New starts are way down at flight schools, gas and insurance are obscene now, flight training now costs so much that one would have to be a complete idiot to lay out the kind of money that ERAU and others charge for a 20k a year job that MAY pay 60k after 12 years.

Several things will likely happen in the next few years....First the pilot supply will dry up. 2nd, general aviation will die in this country just as it has in europe(Ever flown over there? It is spooky quiet on the radio even in the middle of the day, only airliners and an occasional corporate jet) This will result in one of two things, either A. the airlines raise the payscales, or B. they continue to find people willing to work for 20k a year as prices on everything else continue to rise, but the quality of the pilots will fall to a dangerous level. Some say it is already there and the only thing protecting the passengers is the automation, in fact we already have a few cases in the NTSB files now that are nothing but inexperienced stupidity......we all know which ones I am talking about.

One of three things will fix it, either the pilots say enough is enough, or the companies realize that pay must be raised, or the US airline industry starts killing enough passengers with inexperienced or substandard minimum wage pilots that the goverment steps in and sets hiring standards or shuts down the bloodiest airlines.

Already one is hard pressed to find a ramper at the regional level that doesn't look and act like a drug dealer (just visit Philly!!) Before long the pilots will be of the same caliber. When you can make 40 to 50 k selling cars, 300k in the mortgage business, 60 to 80k in the IT sector, or 60 to 100k as an engineer, why would a person with the intelligence to do a job like that go through the effort and training required to make a federal poverty level wage? (By the way, most regional F/O's qualify for food stamps if they have a family already.)

In the early days of the jet, we were killing an astounding number of people. Back then training and experience fixed it, now we have the added safety of automation. How long will it be before the stupid factor in the cockpit starts to out do the smart avionics?

Your average pot smoking college kid would laugh at you now if you told him what you made as a regional F/O..........just think what kind of pilots the next generation is going to be if we continue down this path?

D'Angelo said:
Management does have integrity though. They sign your paycheck every month. Without them you wouldn't have a job to complain about. Funny how quickly people forget this. Unions are the ones lacking integrity. They try to rob the company blind every chance they get.

Management works for the company as well Jonathan. They draw a paycheck as well.

Last time I check, the public owns your company and US Airways.

All my friends over at Mesa will tell you that soon.

I heard Mesa has a new MEC, new Negotiating Commitee, new Reps.
Best of luck next year.

www.mesahub.com

Last edited:
Hey, while we got JO on the hotline (D'Angelo = JO), lets ask him about unauthorized trading of securities in a customer's account.

Isn't that why JO isn't a securities broker anymore? Hasen't he been labeled a crook and ostricized by the financial community? Should JO really even be running an airline?

I am glad at least pilots have integrity.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back