• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA The TRUTH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sure the 60+ sick calls per day over the holidays got Tempe's attention. There were many cancellations due to lack of FAs and FOs. I worked and it was miserable. This is what happens when employees are on the wrong side of the balance sheet and treated as liabilities rather than assets.

Last edited:
I am sure the 60+ sick calls per day over the holidays got Tempe's attention. There were many cancellations due to lack of FAs and FOs. I worked and it was miserable. This is what happens when employees are on the wrong side of the balance sheet and treated as liabilities rather than assets.[/quote

I wish that was the case, but it probably went on the record as more negative action from this pilot group.

Mr. Cowbell up there is right, this pilot group needs to take its head out of its ass and start being proactive about having our leaders and MEC make some changes NOW.

So when are you guys picketing in DAY? When are you guys going to pressure your MEC into making management look like the baboons they are?

Let me know. I'll be there when you do it! I'll bring other PDT pilots with me.

Info picketing is too softcore. We need to hire a big time N.Y. Lawyer that knows the RLA and lets labor take back this profession. We need legal work action. At least Mesa had the balls to stop using their cell phones for a couple of weeks. Make scheduling call the crew room or page us in the Airport. My phone is now off.....is yours?

You dont have to answer your cell phone or even return their calls if they leave you a message. Regardless if they have the number or not. I flew with a guy once that refused to use his cell phone for anything related to company business. Even once in OAJ early in the morning when we needed to talk to flight service to get a clearance. He was happier to run outside in the pouring rain at 4:45 am to use the one in the terminal rather then sit in the nice warmed up and dry airplane. I think thats pushing it a little, the only person your screwing there is yourself. These lame little games and ways that people come up with to combat the company are a joke. All it does it make you look like an a$$hole. Legal, union approved and initiated work actions are the ONLY way to go.

I've been at PSA for only 3 months now but there are a couple half truths being told here. But most of the info seems correct. I don't mind it here. But again, I've only been here for 3 months.

In CLT you must bid an additional 5 lines for IOE. In DAY and TYS you must bid 1 additional line.

I don’t know how long the reserve period is. I’m moved up quite a bit this past month due to a constant flow of new hires. I believe that hiring just started back up this past fall; that would probably be the reason that people have been on reserve for so long. However who knows how long the hiring will continue.

A couple guys that were in my class (and only a few numbers senior to me) are already holding a line in TYS. (One guy in my class held a line right out of training). But TYS is a small base.

Upgrade: Well if you’re coming to PSA to get your 1,000 turbine PIC and move on, you can DEFINITLY do it faster elsewhere. With the J4Js not running back to mainline and the CELs comming it will be a long long time. I really feel bad for the senior F/Os here.

Note: I’m here just to build time, and I live about an hour from base, so I get to sit at home on reserve. So it is not as bad for me as those who have to commute.

Unfortunately for you the hiring is only for attrition, not growth. You are moving up slowly and getting closer to a line because FO's are quitting in droves. Get your time up for whatever you're buliding it for and get out before you get too senior to leave.

For people looking to come to PSA, don't do it. There are plenty of places with better pay, work rules, QOL, scheduling, mgt, etc. Don't come here unless things turn around (growth, J4J recalls or something)

Legal, union approved and initiated work actions are the ONLY way to go.

But i believe Info Picketing is a waste of time and money. Pax only care about 1 thing, the ticket price. And when they get on the airplane they care only about service. US telling them that we are "Still Safe, Still Focused" is crap. Just a waste of paper. To them this says "Everything is great, carry on".
We need big signs that say "Your pilot makes $25k/yr, feel safe?" or "Had only 6 hrs sleep last night", even better "Been working 14 hrs....still want to fly?" or "I don't do approach briefings...too busy figuring out how i am going to make my car payment"

On the plus side I hear they are going to offer the 900's again. Now where did I put that jar of lube? Ah, there it is! The empty container collecting dust from the last time they offered them to us.

On the plus side I hear they are going to offer the 900's again. Now where did I put that jar of lube? Ah, there it is! The empty container collecting dust from the last time they offered them to us.

Is this a reliable source or just farts in the wind?

Latest resources

Back