PSA The TRUTH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ex j-41

Heard people coming out of interviews saying that the interviewers are mentioning that upgrade at PSA is 1.5 years.

When you are being interviewed they are looking for honest hard working skilled professionals. Wouldn't it be great if those on the other side of the table were that themselves?

Here is the truth:

We have F/O's that were hired in Aug 2001. That's over 5 years. How can anyone upgrade in a year and a half? Ain't gonna happen. Go to skywest.

You will sit reserve for up to 2 years. And reserve is about as much fun as going to the dentist a couple times a week.

You will work holidays, not get paid a dime extra for that.

You will stay in some of the worst hotels that airlines have ever stayed in.
The microhotel in PNS is half step above a trailer park. Your life will consist of living in industrial parks and paying $$$ for airport food.

Your first year pay will be $19,000 because you will be on reserve.
Your second year pay will be $25,000 because you will be on reserve.

If you come here, do your financial planning on those numbers. Could be higher if 90 f/o's quit and you get a line.

Even old school Captains are telling people that they will be better off going to Mesa. At least there you would upgrade.

It is a sad sad day that Mesa is a better place to be. Way to go T.K. Job Done!

Yeah, why do HR people lie to prospective employees? I've heard the interviewers at Charepubmerica are telling their applicants 1-1.5 year upgrade. "Now just sign this 24 month contract and you will be a E170 CA by this time next year." We should form a group of regional pilots who travel to flight schools and spread the word of Truth.

T.K. aka "the grinch" even looks like it too...

We are truely the bottom of the barrel in the industry. Those of you thinking of coming here need to seriously rethink those plans. The way our management treats people is atrocious. We have a worthless union whom we NEVER hear hide nor hair from unless it comes to the Teamsters and threatening to take away our elected officials free cell phones and golf vacations. Dont bother with this place. Oh, did I mention that the most senior people i.e. 10-15 years with the company only get 14 days off? At AWAC even on reserve you get a min of 12 days off.

It gets better........

F/O's need to bid an additional 5 lines for Feb because of IOE.
What airline in the world doesn't pay protect F/O's for IOE Bump? Oh PSA
And why do they need 7 lines total for IOE when there are only 7 people in training? Do they need a whole month to get people through? Just when you think things can't get worse...

What airline in the world doesn't pay protect F/O's for IOE Bump? Oh PSA

Careful now. The anger you have needs to be directed at those MEC/LEC officers in power at the time our contract was voted in (Toothe & CO.). The company has been laughing all the way to the bank since they voted that POS in.

Mamba, when you talk of "worthless union" I hope you are not speaking about our MEC. You have not been here long enough to know but our previously MEC seriously screwed the pooch on many issues. Those in power now have a very steep uphill climb to improve things because they must try and fix all the mistakes/laziness of the previous MEC and also deal with all the new issues (CEL, etc.). Also keep in mind that things like the CEL issue take time to deal with because the RLA makes the process long and arduous. This MEC is moving arbitration along faster that the old which at one point took something like 2 years for a case to make it to arbitration. Keep in mind that when those senior captains bitch an moan about the MEC and make you think they are worthless that some of those same captains voted in your pay rate and work rules.

Oh I almost forgot....Don't go to PSA. It is a terribly run airline.

Skeezer

Careful now. The anger you have needs to be directed at those MEC/LEC officers in power at the time our contract was voted in (Toothe & CO.). The company has been laughing all the way to the bank since they voted that POS in.

Mamba, when you talk of "worthless union" I hope you are not speaking about our MEC. You have not been here long enough to know but our previously MEC seriously screwed the pooch on many issues. Those in power now have a very steep uphill climb to improve things because they must try and fix all the mistakes/laziness of the previous MEC and also deal with all the new issues (CEL, etc.). Also keep in mind that things like the CEL issue take time to deal with because the RLA makes the process long and arduous. This MEC is moving arbitration along faster that the old which at one point took something like 2 years for a case to make it to arbitration. Keep in mind that when those senior captains bitch an moan about the MEC and make you think they are worthless that some of those same captains voted in your pay rate and work rules.

Oh I almost forgot....Don't go to PSA. It is a terribly run airline.

Skeezer

Well said Skeezer! Good Luck to MS and the new guys on the MEC. I wouldn't wish that job on my worst enemy.

Latest resources

Back