• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA The TRUTH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Careful now. The anger you have needs to be directed at those MEC/LEC officers in power at the time our contract was voted in (Toothe & CO.). The company has been laughing all the way to the bank since they voted that POS in.

Mamba, when you talk of "worthless union" I hope you are not speaking about our MEC. You have not been here long enough to know but our previously MEC seriously screwed the pooch on many issues. Those in power now have a very steep uphill climb to improve things because they must try and fix all the mistakes/laziness of the previous MEC and also deal with all the new issues (CEL, etc.). Also keep in mind that things like the CEL issue take time to deal with because the RLA makes the process long and arduous. This MEC is moving arbitration along faster that the old which at one point took something like 2 years for a case to make it to arbitration. Keep in mind that when those senior captains bitch an moan about the MEC and make you think they are worthless that some of those same captains voted in your pay rate and work rules.

Oh I almost forgot....Don't go to PSA. It is a terribly run airline.

Skeezer

Well said Skeezer. I agree with your remarks about not taking out the anger on the CURRENT MEC. I think MS is doing all he can to fix the past problems, but like you said, it will take time.

If you go to PSA for what ever reason, the quality of life will be low and the schedules horrible. However, the people there are great, feed up, but great. That is about the only good thing there which the company management continues to forget.

The management continues to forget who makes a large part of the company run and at times, seems to do whatever it can make things worse for the pilot group. They will not follow the contract in regards to junior man assignments and other issues.

On reserve you will work 14 + hour duty days with long 3 hour sits. This is completely unproductive and keeps you from living your life and makes you miss your commute home to be with your family.

Our management deliberately constructs schedules that are not commutable and have few days off when they could easily do otherwise and make the crewmember's lives better. They do this because they want us to quit when our longevity increases cost them too much.

Careful now. The anger you have needs to be directed at those MEC/LEC officers in power at the time our contract was voted in (Toothe & CO.). The company has been laughing all the way to the bank since they voted that POS in.
I wasn't knocking any person at our Union. Now as for the previous guys...
The lack of integrity is disgusting. I can't believe someone with any common sense would sign that contract. And to top it off they are all so proud of it. Selling out your F/O's shouldn't be something to be proud of. I wish all J4J were slotted so more of the people that wrote the last contract would be affected.

On reserve you will work 14 + hour duty days with long 3 hour sits. This is completely unproductive and keeps you from living your life and makes you miss your commute home to be with your family.

Our management deliberately constructs schedules that are not commutable and have few days off when they could easily do otherwise and make the crewmember's lives better. They do this because they want us to quit when our longevity increases cost them too much.

14+ Hour days and 3 hour sits on reserve? Hmm, hard line holders get that too. As for 1.5 year upgrade, that is total crap.

Last edited:
I've been at PSA for only 3 months now but there are a couple half truths being told here. But most of the info seems correct. I don't mind it here. But again, I've only been here for 3 months.

In CLT you must bid an additional 5 lines for IOE. In DAY and TYS you must bid 1 additional line.

I don’t know how long the reserve period is. I’m moved up quite a bit this past month due to a constant flow of new hires. I believe that hiring just started back up this past fall; that would probably be the reason that people have been on reserve for so long. However who knows how long the hiring will continue.

A couple guys that were in my class (and only a few numbers senior to me) are already holding a line in TYS. (One guy in my class held a line right out of training). But TYS is a small base.

Upgrade: Well if you’re coming to PSA to get your 1,000 turbine PIC and move on, you can DEFINITLY do it faster elsewhere. With the J4Js not running back to mainline and the CELs comming it will be a long long time. I really feel bad for the senior F/Os here.

Note: I’m here just to build time, and I live about an hour from base, so I get to sit at home on reserve. So it is not as bad for me as those who have to commute.

Its sad but its as bad here as it has ever been here. The company is going out of their way to make our lives miserable. Flying guys 7 straight days with a 24 hour break, more that 3 CDOs in a row, etc. Anyone with 3 years or left would be better off leaving for another company. No way should anyone come and start here. Pay sucks, hotel sucks, schedules suck, no upgrade opportunities.........Run away

You know the sadest part is that all we are really doing is bitching about it on here. WE as a group are still spending all our time and energy fighting each other rather then trying to solve these problems. I think we'd get a lot further taking some real action. Me included.

You know the sadest part is that all we are really doing is bitching about it on here. WE as a group are still spending all our time and energy fighting each other rather then trying to solve these problems. I think we'd get a lot further taking some real action. Me included.

I've been staying out of this one, but this is dead on. I was always so frustrated with people there. EVERYONE bitches and NOONE will make the first move. Everybody just schleps around that place waiting on scheduling to come through with that next bid package when everything will be better, waiting on Cindy, or whoever it was, to build some commutable lines, blah blah blah.

I remember my last recurrent class, JR came in and blew a bunch of crap all over us and we(as a group) believed all of it except for the parts that he snuck in like : "no growth for the next year at least".

It's like we all knew that would be the only truth he muttered, but it's easier on the soul to hope for whatever crap they fed us, no matter how unlikely.

Wake up, guys at PSA. It's not getting better. Why would they improve anything? Your pilot group will and has taken everything they've hurled at you. Sorry to be so harsh, but damn if it isn't true. I really liked almost everyone I flew with at PSA, but sometimes I want to grab a hold of you and shake you like a swedish nanny.

Agreed...
But when i talk about options they all say "What is that going to do". People have lost all hope. The light at the end of the tunnel is another job!

Latest resources

Back