• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA Rumor Or Fact?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope that PSA get's the CRJ-900s so that there may be better service. Mesa service is pretty bad. Actually, it's hard to have good service when there's no crew to man the airplane.

I hope that PSA get's the CRJ-900s so that there may be better service. Mesa service is pretty bad. Actually, it's hard to have good service when there's no crew to man the airplane.

I dont know if I would considder PSA to be "good" service.

Although I will concede that there are very few companies with a pilot group whose egos are strong enough to "fly the 9" and PSA would deffinitely be at the top of that list.

You guys know why we cant get a windshield wash in CLT? Its because the window guys are all working overtime on squee-gee duty up at the PSA crew room cleaning the drool off the glass. Some of them are even starting to call out fatigued!:laugh:

You guys were missing three key points:

1) The lowest bidder will get the planes.
2) Mesa may not be the lowest bidder anymore.
3) It will not be PSA because mainline would have to provide startup capital, and this is a key reason they are not there now.

You guys were missing three key points:

1) The lowest bidder will get the planes.
2) Mesa may not be the lowest bidder anymore.
3) It will not be PSA because mainline would have to provide startup capital, and this is a key reason they are not there now.

Not much in the form of start of capital. They (PSA) already operate 200/700's. All they need to do is get the leases. I think what your gonna see is that many mainlines are gonna cut the profits of Contract carriers that it will almost be easier to operate and own there own regionals. It has already been suggested that US Airways eventually will want one large regional to all its feed.
I could almost see Piedmont/PSA and maybe Airwhiskey getting combined to do all the feed for Airways.

Actually Mesa's 900 service is pretty good out of CLT. How's GoJets service???

Questions for you shiny jumbo jet drivers:

2) How are you planning to get around mainline's scope? The 900s were grandfathered exclusively to Mesa from the America West side.

Pretty sure this statement is pretty uhmmm.....FALSE.

Latest resources

Back