PSA Rumor Or Fact?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F

Yup that did happen in 2003, when I was in 11th grade. It was wrong but at least half of us had nothing to do with that. Now, IF these planes get voted in, how would Pdt. Be getting f----d again? Are they even bidding on them? Didn't your Pres. Say. .its not out nitch?

Piedmont's only nitch looks to be a ground service provider.

No flame, just heard it today. Did PSA agree to fly the Mesa 900's for a 2 Percent Raise for Captains and 4% for FOs over the blended rates??

If so would that be cheaper then what Mesa flew them for?

Piedmont's only nitch looks to be a ground service provider.

That may be in jeopardy as well. I know in xna they are in the
process of outsourcing that station to regional elite. Shame, real nice folks there. One of them said it was happening in something like 7 cities. Airline biz. Outsource outsourced work.

The 700 rates are not.

EDIT: For clarification, LOA #3 contained the concessions on the 50 seat pay. LOA #8 has payrates for the 701.

8 > 3 etc. etc.

That may be in jeopardy as well. I know in xna they are in the
process of outsourcing that station to regional elite. Shame, real nice folks there. One of them said it was happening in something like 7 cities. Airline biz. Outsource outsourced work.

We have gained a few stations too. But your right. Outsource, Outsoure! Eventually someone will provide a service so cheap nobody wants it. But then again in the Airlines..... maybe not.

Speaking of negotiations and blended rates...Are you guys (PSA) actually going to try to get straight rates per airplane, or just negotiate your blended rates for this upcoming contract?
I'm not sure.

Personally I hope not. I enjoy not worrying about what aircraft type I fly. In my base the lines are better (for me) on the 200 than the 700. The company pays out the same amount with or without a blended rate.

I do know that we have some pilots who are against it the blended rate. Including one who is on the negotiating committee.

Those who fly the 700 exclusively are subsidizing the 200 flying. I believe if you were the top 10 senior pilots you lose about $9k/year by us having the blended rate.

BTW I'm voting no since 4% is just not enough, as are many of the pilots here I know.[/QUOTE]

Dont get greedy. Yes, the Fo rates are low, but they are low across the board, the place to fight that is in contract negotiations not this LOA. And these rates are amendable in the current contract negotiations imediately after the LOA is passed. Remember the first time we had this situation they wanted us to take a frozen 200/700 blend to get the 900. Had we done that we would never gotten a 900 rate because we would have set a preciedence for flying the equipment at that the 200/700 rate. Now we at least have established a 900 rate that we can improve on later. We may not get everything we want at once, we may have to get it in steps. Thats why I'm voting yes.

No hate or disrespect intended, but do you all really think that just because these rates are amendable with the current contract that is being negotiated that they will go beyond where they are in this LOA? Do you not think this has hurt your position for negotiating the 200/700 blend during your end game? What do you think the mediator will say when the company presents him/her with this LOA? Good enough for 6 months ago but not for now?

Major point: Especially if these planes don't show, up this loa REALLY hurts you when it's time to negotiate the blend in the end. I hope you see that.

I see what you're saying but consider this. We vote yes: the company takes good faith negotiations and puts it on a shelf for the next 5 years. That is why I think its essential we get good rates now while company has incentive to negotiate.

Latest resources

Back