Post Election "high"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Snakum,

If that thread was closed because of something I started, I'm sorry. I haven't checked on to the board since last night and I'm thinking that things may have been taken the wrong way. I was making fun in a seriouse discussion. Maybe more of these next time;) :D :p :) .

Anyway, were all a bunch of overly dramatic little girls.. oop's I mean people.. on this board. Especially when were posting about something that may strike a personal and emotional coard. We gotta have something to do when not in the air right? If only the televison had an aviationn related soap opera. We'd be in heaven. ( again, sarcastic, funny, goofing around )

TurboS7 said:
Whe it comes to politics and standards I just simply pick the party and candidates that line up with the standards of the Bible. The Word of God, since our President believes in the same Bible and the standards that I do it is easy to support him. My main support for the RNP is their stand on abortion which it is very clear in scripture that those that shed innnocent blood are an abomination in God's eyes. I want a party and President and representatives that do what God wants not what man wants. Because in scripture it clearly states that God will bless them that stand up for His commands having leadership that is submissive to the will of Almighty God is the best thing for this wonderful country. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

P.S. I just want to also say that I am just a man and the blood of Jesus covers all and every sin,including my many, I do not call any man anything but my equal. If he or she does not believe in God's standards I have no problem with that person, that is between them and their Creator.

That's some pretty scary stuff.

While I respect your right to vote for whatever candidate you want, I feel there is no place for religion in politics.

Our country was founded on the principle that we would not rule based on religious extremes. Our founders were escaping religious persecution when they came here. So were countless millions of immigrants who have come here since.

If we give in to the radical factions (both left and right) who are dominated by religious fanaticism, we will be no more above the likes of the Taliban or other socities who rule by religious extremism.

BTW, the other post was closed because it had degraded into a political pissing match (just like this one is becoming), something more suited for a political message board, not this one.

[Edited to add comments about closed post]

Last edited:
DOIN TIME

Really bad analogy you made comparing government action again Saddam and preemptive "law enforcement" again an innocent citizen simply because he owns a gun.
I think it's been clearly established that Saddam not only has these weapons but also clearly has used them; not to mention the attempt to assasinate one of our ex presidents.
A strike against Iraq would in some ways be preemptive as it would preempt FURTHER crimes by Saddam but it would also be punitive since he is already GUILTY of crimes warranting this action.
The innocent citizen you cite in your "analogy" has done nothing. Had he already commited a crime with the gun he would then be subject to enforcement of the law.
Engage mind before mouth/keyboard.

Original post that started this was awesome. Unless you have any objection, Timebuilder, there are several people to whom I'd like to e-mail a copy.

As for our country falling more in line with the Bible, what a scary thought indeed. I can't think of a book that contains more hatred, prejudice, genocide, and blood-letting than the good ole' "Christian" Bible.

TIMEBUILDER

Welcome to the "right" side. I had a similar transformation but mine occured during my college days in the late 1970's. In college I was your typical liberal college student type with no real world experience. In my junior year I went to Germany for a year and lived just a few km from the then East German border. I picniced in the Hartz mtns and watched the communists across the fence in their machine gun towers watching me enjoying my brats and beer. That winter the Warsaw Pact forces had big war and every night on W. German TV I found out how many Russian tanks were 15 minutes from my house. Geopolitics and national security were no longer an academic subject. It changed my attitude a lot.
In addition I was exposed to a lot of middle eastern (amoung others) students who openly expressed their hatred for the US. The university I attended there (Gottengen) was at that time one of the most communist-infested in the BRD. It opened my eyes at an early age to reality.
After graduating I went into business for myself and was successful but found out what economic reality is. Governent regulation, taxes, dealing with employees, a lot of whom seem to have an entitlement mentality, expecting a paycheck for just showing up..
In this country today the government schools and many parents alike are doing a pitiful job of creating real citizens as opposed to sheep-like subjects who look to the government tit instead of actually achieving something on their own. I am old enough to remember in elementary school starting every day with raising the flag in the school courtyard, reciting the pledge of allegiance (yes, under God) and saying the Lord's Prayer. But those days are gone, probably forever. How sad.
Perhaps every citizen should be required to serve in the military, or do some type of service, or be self-employed or something to instill some type of notion of what citizenship really means. But no, the nanny state knows what's best for us.
But with this weeks election there is a faint glimmer of hope that we might be able to begin chiping away just a little at the rot that has beset this nation. But I don't count on it too much. I hope the American people will prove me wrong.
God Bless.

cjh said:
As for our country falling more in line with the Bible, what a scary thought indeed. I can't think of a book that contains more hatred, prejudice, genocide, and blood-letting than the good ole' "Christian" Bible.

I'm sorry to hear that. You must not have read for comprehension, since while all of those things are present, they are not often approved of, even in the "bloody" Old Testament. In particular, the New Testament repudiates the necessity for such. Or perhaps you haven't actually read it yourself?

ifly,

You couldn't be more wrong. Our country was not founded on not ruling based on religious extremes. I am amazed at how many people get this wrong. There is no constitutional principle separating church & state, either.

If you actually read the Declaration of Independence, it is simply a bitch list about how the king trampled the liberties the colonists thought they deserved because they were building this country with their own hands in the first place. The only "principle" of religion they were concerned with was the free practice of it. This country was truly founded on getting out from under the king's thumb. Religion was only incidental in that one of the kings excesses the Revolutionists were refuting was his "right" to dictate the religious practices of his subjects. America was not founded purely on religious freedom. Once it established that freedom, however, it naturally became a haven for the persecuted.

As for oil & water, remember that the foundation of all law in America is the Constitution. Where does the Constitution get it's authority? The Continental Congress? No. The people? Nope. It gets its authority from God. Read it and you'll see. So you could say that all legal/political/governing authority in America is based on God. Unalienable rights endowed by our Creator, to be exact. Hardly oil and water.

I urge everbody to re-read the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. They are extremely interesting for what they don't say, as well as what they do.

Re: TIMEBUILDER

prodigal said:
WPerhaps every citizen should be required to serve in the military, or do some type of service, or be self-employed or something to instill some type of notion of what citizenship really means.

I totally agree with you. I think government service for a couple of years would make all the difference in the world. You learn responsibility, discipline, pride in country, respect for self and others, and for some it's the first time they have any dealings with people of different ethnic or racial backgrounds. You learn that no one owes you a handout, that you're not entitled to anything, and that it's up to you to make something of yourself. I also think it should not be limited to one sex. Every able eighteen year old should be included.

Latest resources

Back