• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Post Election "high"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just imagine if our legal system operated the same way our president thought international justice should be handled.

I can see the judge handing down the ruling now. Mr Dirt, we found this gun on you premesis and I know that you have the right bear arms but you seem like the type of person who would use it to injure somebody else. I have no other choice but to sentence you to death with no appeals. Have a nice day!

Where in the Bible does it say that "thou shall bomb the living sh!t out of everyone who's thoughts, views, and actions do not line up with those of the almighty"?

You mean the actions of killing 3000 innocent people? With plans and threats to kill even more? What do you want us to do, sit here and beg and plead for them not to hurt us or roll our sleeves up and make them regret ever turning their head toward the west. Isn't there a hippy demonstration you're late for?

What would jesus do?

Good point DoinTime

Turbo, I too am a person of faith and I sometimes ask myself would christ approve of america bombing the heck out of Iraq simply because we can?....probably not...would christ side in favor for big corporations over the average working american?....Nope...would christ neglect the education and social ills that exist in our inner cities, simply because those people aren't going to vote for us republicans anyway?...probably not...would christ approve abortion?...probably not...you see Turbo, there is no party that aligns with the Bible. They are all hyprocrites and we should not be so gulable to think that they have any of our best interest at heart.

Doin time

Great analogy, comparing foreign policy with our legal system, that was really creative and imaginative.

I just had a great idea let's open up all our borders, dismantle our military, divide all the riches of this country equally among everybody, legalize drugs and all sit back get high sing puff the magic dragon and see what happens. You would probably like that wouldn't you dointime?

I may get flamed for this.

From TurboS7
Whe it comes to politics and standards I just simply pick the party and candidates that line up with the standards of the Bible. The Word of God, since our President believes in the same Bible and the standards that I do it is easy to support him. My main support for the RNP is their stand on abortion which it is very clear in scripture that those that shed innnocent blood are an abomination in God's eyes. I want a party and President and representatives that do what God wants not what man wants. Because in scripture it clearly states that God will bless them that stand up for His commands having leadership that is submissive to the will of Almighty God is the best thing for this wonderful country. GOD BLESS AMERICA.

Turbo, I have a great amount of respect for you. However, politics and religion are oil and water. Once you cross the bridge into governing human beings based on religion you run into all kinds of problems. We don't have to go to far to see examples of misguided religious beliefs: The terrorists who blew up the WTC and murdered 3000 people thought THEY were doing god's work....

Another way to think of it. My religious beliefs are personal and are between me and god. Why would I want them to enter into a political arena?

For my part, I try to act honorably and respectfully to everyone and when I vote I choose those who do the same in a way that I think is appropriate. However, I personally could never use only a religious belief as my one driving factor for politics. That's a very sliperry slope.

The Republicans have a lot going for them just from a common sense perspective - and I think their positions are defensible without involving religious rightness or wrongness.

Re: I may get flamed for this.

TXCAP4228 said:
Once you cross the bridge into governing human beings based on religion you run into all kinds of problems.

Ah, now I have something to add. TX, I agree that a truly free society is incompatible with a theocracy, which is religious rule. However, Turbo was referring to something completely different. He was exercising his citizen's franchise based on his own criteria, which is ultimately the very definition of American political freedom. Those criteria are Biblically-based, as are my own, but that doesn't amount to religious rule. It does ensure that we, Turbo and I, attempt to vote for candidates that best conform to the Christian ideal. Sometimes, nobody gets very close, but we ought to make the attempt. That's our right, our privilege and our responsibility. I for one think that a Biblical standard is the best overall, but as always, your mileage may vary. That's one reason this country is great: we don't have to agree in order to achieve a mutually desireable societal goal, namely guaranteeing a peaceful transition of government power. We're the best in the world at it.

daedaepilot - That was one of only a couple logical and intelligent posts on this thread. You're a man of reason ... and ... you da man!

Minh

"Anxiously awaiting the return of Christians and Lions. A spectator sport I can get behind."
:D

TurboS7 said:
Whe it comes to politics and standards I just simply pick the party and candidates that line up with the standards of the Bible. The Word of God, since our President believes in the same Bible and the standards that I do it is easy to support him. My main support for the RNP is their stand on abortion which it is very clear in scripture that those that shed innnocent blood are an abomination in God's eyes. I want a party and President and representatives that do what God wants not what man wants.
Yeah, well, "God's Party" is about to ruin your chosen profession.
http://www.apfa.org/public/articles/News-Events/reaction3.html

Did I read that article correctly? HILLARY CLINTON received the largest donation of all: $33,000 from ALPA??????

I agree 100% with TurboS7. Very well put and I think the other posts speak for themselves. I think Bush is doing a good job for the most part however being one sided towards Israel at all times is not going to make us many friends in this world.:D :D

Should definately be an interesting next couple of years especially with regards to the International scene. Let's just hope we can accomplish peace on a global scale and protect this great nation from harm and extremists who are against our beliefs and what we stand for.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back