• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA hiring info...or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll be $100 that in the next year three things will happen at Southwest.

1. Denver domicile announced
2. San Juan announced
3. an order/purchase of -800s

Gup

I'll take you bet, and you're gonna regret it because I'm the best there's ever been." - Charlie Daniels

By one year after your post all three of those will happen? If so, you have a taker. Deal?

Last edited:
Gotta ask Gup, what the heck is a Barney jet ??

Barney Jet
Purple People Mover
Corn Dog
Canyon Blue Thunder

It's all the same. It's a market altering piece of equipment called the Boeiing 737 in Southwest colors.

Gup

I'll be $100 that in the next year three things will happen at Southwest.

1. Denver domicile announced
2. San Juan announced
3. an order/purchase of -800s

Gup

Do we need a C-note Meter?
Only 364 days left until I get a $100 bill in my box.

However, I hope you're right on all these. If so, it will be the best $100 I've ever spent.

Last edited:
If only 2 out of 3 happen, can I get $33 Gup?

Barney Jet
Purple People Mover
Corn Dog
Canyon Blue Thunder

It's all the same. It's a market altering piece of equipment called the Boeiing 737 in Southwest colors.

Gup

Gup, Hope you're right about the other predictions, but what about the Dreamliner? I'm just saying!

TC - did you fly the whole time during your AF career?

No, I had a medical issue a few years back and that took me out for over a year. And I've done a lot of staff work. In fact, that's how I got to know the guy who was one of SWA's pilot union heads. The real cool thing is, I've managed to almost completely avoid deploying to the desert. Every couple of months, I'll do a quick trip through there for the tax break...but that's it!

TC,
I guess you are happy that "don't ask, don't tell" was changed or you might not have made it to retirement.

Just noticed you flew the T-1 in JSUPT. Don't think many guys who flew the Tone in UPT and weren't late rated would have had 20 in till 2013 at the very earliest and only if they were in the very first few classes at Reece.

Barney Jet
Purple People Mover
Corn Dog
Canyon Blue Thunder

Gup

Thanks, hadn't heard that one before. I'm guessing the newer jets will have less than 189 seats. I've flown the -800 into SJU...did it with 176 seats and that was a similar seat pitch to a Barney 700.

Latest resources

Back