• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Possible SWA hiring info...or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gary is mostly in the jumpseat because the flights are full. He doesn't mind getting to talk with the crew as well.

RF

Do all the execs at SWA fly on the jumpseat, or just Gary Kelly? I guess if there is no first class...... Also, if Gary Kelly leaves the country, like on a vacation, who does he fly on then?

Where do you sit when the flight is full and the jumpseat is open?

What airlines does he fly on vacation? Ummm... I'm gonna take a stab in the dark... but maybe whichever one gives him the best deal?

I had Gary Kelly on the jumpseat a few weeks ago and he mentioned -800's with 176 seats.

Awesome. Now we'll have FOUR male stewardesses instead of just three... :puke:

Pray to God we hire FEMALE stewardesses this year.

Last edited:
Awesome. Now we'll have FOUR male stewardesses instead of just three... :puke:

Pray to God we hire FEMALE stewardesses this year.

You should ask GK about his thoughts on that as it relates to business travelers; I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. By the way, don't ask the question with a lot of people around. Also, look at the make-up of the flight attendent hiring board.

As Charlie says- you can teach em to serve drinks, but you can't teach em to grow tits
;-)

You should ask GK about his thoughts on that as it relates to business travelers; I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised. By the way, don't ask the question with a lot of people around. Also, look at the make-up of the flight attendent hiring board.

Brother you are right. Your facts are dead on. There is a whole new hiring board. It is some of are dal and phx girls.

This may be kind of an obvious observation...and maybe someone has already stated it: If a -800 carries upwards of 50 more pax per jet than the -300s being replaced, then couldn't you vastly expand your seats availiable without adding a single new pilot. The point is, this appears to be just adding seats without adding jets and therefore requiring zero new operators (except flight attendants).

Latest resources

Back