Possible SWA hiring info...or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RedDogC130

Taken from a blog regarding future hiring and application updates from our union ..read on...does not look like hiring any time soon.

One other issue I want to bring to your attention. As you know the Company has maintained an online pilot application website for some time. This site not only allowed pilot applicants to apply online but to update their application as necessary. In the very near future the Company will be taking down the Online Pilot Application Website while a new one is developed. There are no plans to hire pilots any time soon so according to the Company this is a good time to make this move. Obviously many of us have friends or peers who have applications on file. They will be receiving an email from the Company with a letter attached stating that due to the fact that SWA is not hiring pilots the website is not available. Once the Company anticipates hiring pilots again, instructions will be posted on Southwest.com on how to submit an application and update an applicant's most current information. The database holding applications will remain intact so once the new site is activated, applicants can log back in to their previously saved accounts. I thought many of you would be getting questions from your friends if this change was not mentioned so I wanted to give you a heads up.

Taken from a blog regarding future hiring and application updates from our union ..read on...does not look like hiring any time soon.

One other issue I want to bring to your attention. As you know the Company has maintained an online pilot application website for some time. This site not only allowed pilot applicants to apply online but to update their application as necessary. In the very near future the Company will be taking down the Online Pilot Application Website while a new one is developed. There are no plans to hire pilots any time soon so according to the Company this is a good time to make this move. Obviously many of us have friends or peers who have applications on file. They will be receiving an email from the Company with a letter attached stating that due to the fact that SWA is not hiring pilots the website is not available. Once the Company anticipates hiring pilots again, instructions will be posted on Southwest.com on how to submit an application and update an applicant's most current information. The database holding applications will remain intact so once the new site is activated, applicants can log back in to their previously saved accounts. I thought many of you would be getting questions from your friends if this change was not mentioned so I wanted to give you a heads up.

I agree it doesn't look good for the near term, but also remember they have 150+ in the pool; no application website needed. It would take a few months just to drain the pool and before that happened they would have the site back up and calling people for interviews. I think hiring this year is very unlikely, but stranger things have happened? Hang in there fellas.

I dont see us having any classes until Jan 2011 at the earliest...RNP training has the training center fully occupied right now til Nov this year

Spoke with P.D. Friday. No Hiring for 2010. Of course they left the door open with "if something changes in the industry" but as of Friday no plans for more pilots in 2010.

Thanks for the update (wish the news was better). Any timeframe on when they're changing/taking down the pilot app. site? Thanks.

Boy....was I right?

I'll call my buddy and get info on when hiring will start. BTW, my buddy knows some of the IT people developing the new application. He's going to ask if there's a way to get a person's app to the top of the list. In this case...my app. JK kidding guys :) .....unless he can get me to the head of the list. Then it's just another example of who you know.

Boy....was I right?

I'll call my buddy and get info on when hiring will start. BTW, my buddy knows some of the IT people developing the new application. He's going to ask if there's a way to get a person's app to the top of the list. In this case...my app. JK kidding guys :) .....unless he can get me to the head of the list. Then it's just another example of who you know.

I just hope you don't use the same IP address you use for your app. as you do for flightinfo.

Latest resources

Back