Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey -300, Sounds like you're loosing alot of sleep over something you shouldn't even be concerned about. RELAX! Hahahaha! ;)

B747-300 wrote:

"You guys had what you claimed was a good QOL contract. You had furlough protection!! You would have had much more power had you remained in the cockpits. But no, you did exactly what management wanted. The planes and flying will be shifted to Atlas and you guys will have the longest strike/lockout in history."

You know it's A-HOLES like you that have put this profession in the Substandard category that we find ourselves in. If flying with you'r KIND is all I can look forward to, I will take my chances elsewere....Good luck MORON!!! you'r turn comes up in 6 short months...........Who knows, you'r sory ARSE might be yanking gear for me sooner than you think..

Last edited:
"You know it's A-HOLES like you that have put this profession in the Substandard category that we find ourselves in."

Wrong again! It's guys like Bob F. (the former MEC chair at Polar) that you can thank for the current situation. Management owns the guy and he did everything they asked him to do. Let's review the history one more time for you slow minded guys:

Bob F. put the knife in Atlas crewmember's backs when he said Polar crews had no choice but to fly struck work because of the wording in the Polar CBA. He did this during end game contract negotiations and it's the main reason Atlas crews don't have a good QOL contract.

Polar crews accepted a pay increase and a contract extension (last time) rather than be at the bargaining table at the same time as Atlas crews.

I think the next Atlas contract will be much better with Polar out of the picture. You guys have been successfully manipulated into ending your own careers. Bye!

B747-300 said:
"You know it's A-HOLES like you that have put this profession in the Substandard category that we find ourselves in."

Wrong again! It's guys like Bob F. (the former MEC chair at Polar) that you can thank for the current situation. Management owns the guy and he did everything they asked him to do. Let's review the history one more time for you slow minded guys:

Bob F. put the knife in Atlas crewmember's backs when he said Polar crews had no choice but to fly struck work because of the wording in the Polar CBA. He did this during end game contract negotiations and it's the main reason Atlas crews don't have a good QOL contract.

Polar crews accepted a pay increase and a contract extension (last time) rather than be at the bargaining table at the same time as Atlas crews.

I think the next Atlas contract will be much better with Polar out of the picture. You guys have been successfully manipulated into ending your own careers. Bye!

Last I saw, Polar was supported by Atlas/Gemini/A-star/Fedex/United/NWA and a few others and there is a well defined ruling of what the struck work will be.

Not my fight here, but I have friends in the battle...are you saying that you will scab and fly the struck work 300? You wouldn't happen to be one of the 22 left over from the big "E" unpleasantness years back would you?

Unity is our Strength!

Special thanks the Pilot groups of: Atlas Air, FedEx, Northwest, United, Astar, Gemini and Kitty Hawk. ;)

B747-300,

Cato ƒucked you guys with that piece of $hit contract, and now your willing to scab for him even after he decided to tax you guys for travel and hotel.

You are a two legged animal with a corkscrew soul, a waterlogged brain, and a
combination backbone made of jelly and glue as well as $hit, and carries a tumor of rotten priciples.

Last edited:
Wow! You guys are lightning fast with the scab label. Too bad your opinion doesn't count.

AAWW owns/leases the planes. They have the ability to utilize and register them as they see fit. I really expect many of the -400s will be leased (long-term) to UPS very soon. They'll put UPS tail numbers on them and use them to fly UPS cargo with UPS crews. The remaining planes will be re-registered with "MC" tail numbers. These planes will be flown by Atlas crews to service the massive amount of military flying recently awarded to AAWW. Are the crews scabs in either case above? I think not. They're flying an all white plane that is registered to their own company, full of non-struck cargo.

It looks like your MEC blinked. They dropped their demand for a 31% pay increase down to a 19% increase (spread over time) in the last few moments before the cooling-off period expired. They must have realized (too late in the game) that what you were asking for was totally unreasonable in the current environment. It is very unfortunate that this mistake has cost you all your jobs.

It's sad to see people like -300 who cave in and take the first thing management offers in negotiations. Unfortunately there are a lot of pilots out there now like him. "Just happy to have a job".

People like him are the reason this industry is in the tank. Talk about blinking! If management offers you a 30% PAY CUT next time you will sign off on it faster than a blink, and then thank them all day long just for having a job.

...OR...

You ARE management, which is probably most likely judging from your posts in the past.

747-300 you are a piece of work..... I am quite certain that you are a MINORITY amongs you'r ranks..Most Atlas folks that I have spoken to are behind us 110%....It must be LONELY being you!!......Now go crawl back into you'r little SHELL.

Latest resources

Back