Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
B747FR8DAWG said:
I don't know what the problem is also, if someone can answer this please let us all know!!!!!!

No problem check the VARS.;)

Whale Rider said:
No problem check the VARS.;)

I can't believe it!

Atlas pilots flying Atlas freight (Giant callsign), and Atlas instructors training Atlas pilots. Two separate companies, owned by the same parent company, I wonder if Delta pilots did the same when Comair went on strike in 2001, or why haven't the NWA pilots done the same for the striking mechanics?????

I don't understand ALPA!

It looks like the planes will be rerouted through Fairbanks to avoid the ANC problems completely. Not sure what affect MIA will have short-term.

The 30th is the day. Nearly 100 more crewmembers will be furloughed if Polar crews don't accept what's on the table by then. I think this will continue until there is no longer a Polar Air Cargo.

Good posts B747fr8, and don't worry we know boeing crews repositioned some airplanes. Might have been a doubt at first for some and as you know it always takes a little for everybody to be informed, but everybody on this side should be up to date by now.

-300 you still make us smile, keep it up. Fairbanks was already thought of last night, no surprise :D

You really think that guys on strike feel threatened by furlough?? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Looks like Fairbanks just got a picketline set up......check the VARS!;)

Fairanks is not a viable solution to closing down ANC Mr. Cato. In answer to your question about MIA, can you imagine the effect closing down the training center will have? No more recurrent=pilots sitting at home. It will just start adding up. Also, I am sure all the Polar guys that are out on strike are pretty upset about their furlough.

I think this a great news, and I am glad to see you guys are all 100% behind Polar now! Just think about this: when this gets resolved...

I think you can rest assured when your contract comes up in Janurary, you will have the Polar Pilots 100% backing you, and we all know how much cajones they have. You guys will have so much power going into negotiations because you are now so unified!

Congratulations! You guys at Atlas and Polar ROCK!

"You really think that guys on strike feel threatened by furlough??"

Only the ones smart enough to know their job will be gone forever. You guys had furlough protection in your contract, but I guess that went out the window when you went on strike.

I hope you've got enough people to cover all the possible entry points onto the ramps at FAI and ANC. When faced with "Fly the flight or be disciplined", I don't think too many Atlas guys are going to stick their necks out for the likes of you.

We will never be identified as scabs for flying Atlas planes full of Atlas cargo while Polar is on strike. Sorry. Two separate companies. You have the right to do what you're doing, but I have the right to work and feed my family too.

B747-300 said:
"You really think that guys on strike feel threatened by furlough??"

Only the ones smart enough to know their job will be gone forever. You guys had furlough protection in your contract, but I guess that went out the window when you went on strike.

I hope you've got enough people to cover all the possible entry points onto the ramps at FAI and ANC. When faced with "Fly the flight or be disciplined", I don't think too many Atlas guys are going to stick their necks out for the likes of you.

We will never be identified as scabs for flying Atlas planes full of Atlas cargo while Polar is on strike. Sorry. Two separate companies. You have the right to do what you're doing, but I have the right to work and feed my family too.

They can't put every Atlas Pilot on "Administrative Leave", that'll just work to Polar/Atlas' advantage.;)

Last edited:
B747-300 (Mr. Cato) -

Please listen to your new 9-24-05 VARS this morning. ANC and now Fairbanks are considered STRUCK AIRPORTS now. ANC is completely shut down, and your MEC is reporting NO ATLAS PILOTS have crossed a picket line. (I don't blame them, even in the VARS Mr. Bourne mentions that crossing at this point, or even setting foot on the airport property would brand you a "S" word for life.)

Also, as of now, Fairbanks is being considered a STRUCK AIRPORT, and I am hearing reports it is completely shut down as well. You need to listen to the VARS, it explains why this is so important.

This is the solidarity that ALPA has needed for the last 10 years. There is a chance ALPA can become a real union again after this.

Looks Like B747-300 Will Be The Only One Showing Up To Work.

We Will Soon Find Out Who You Are..................................

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back