Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Btw, not one Atlas pilot has crossed a Polar picket line!!"

Absolutely true. We have had alternate entrances established and we report for work at the standard time by avoiding the picket lines.

Craven,

I am not trying to make the Atlas group look bad, I have stated over and over again that the vast majority of Atlas guys are behind Polar. I am just saying that -300's comments are making the whole group look bad because he is so Anti-Polar. It is sad to see any pilot come out and talk so bad about a group of pilots that are out on strike, and not pledge them any support. Much less a pilot that works for the same holding company.

But alas, pilots will be pilots. What is best for ME is best for ME seems to be the motto (along with "WE WON'T CROSS PICKET LINES...WE WILL GO AROUND THEM!") Maybe you can get yourself a bag tag in Itaewon that says that on it -300.

BTW - I am the only one that finds it a little suspicious that -300 only has 22 posts on this message board, and all but two are on this thread?

Hello Cato. ;)

Last edited:
Since we're making assumptions about posters, I guess it's fair to assume that a guy/girl who makes several hundred posts in a wide variety of topics is certainly someone who thinks their opinion is so valuable that they must inject it everywhere possible. You don't work for Polar or Atlas. You're just some know-it-all who can't refrain from butting into a conversation.

Question

Ok, I know Atlas Air Worldwide Inc. owns Polar Air Cargo Inc. and Atlas Air Inc.

Aren't Atlas Air and Polar operated under seperate certificates? Doesn't this mean that they are two "separate" companies just wholly owned by a holding company?

What's the problem with Atlas crews flying Atlas planes and Atlas Cargo????

I just don't get what beef the polar crews have with the atlas crews. If someone can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated.

"I just don't get what beef the polar crews have with the atlas crews. If someone can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated."

Alot of us would appreciate this one!!

Does anyone have any noteworthy news?

Will the company be open for negotiations soon?

Will they lock out the pilots?

Will they attempt to hire replacement workers? (No scab flames on this just trying to see what is going on)

Will they liquidate and consolidate the remnants with Atlas?

If the latter is the case would Polar pilots have an opportunity for employment with Atlas?

What is going on NOW?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Good Luck To Us All!

CRJ's suck said:
Ok, I know Atlas Air Worldwide Inc. owns Polar Air Cargo Inc. and Atlas Air Inc.

Aren't Atlas Air and Polar operated under seperate certificates? Doesn't this mean that they are two "separate" companies just wholly owned by a holding company?

What's the problem with Atlas crews flying Atlas planes and Atlas Cargo????

I just don't get what beef the polar crews have with the atlas crews. If someone can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated.

CRJ,
I don't know what the problem is between our two groups, there is just a lot of distrust on both sides, and management feeds off it. I don't have a problem with the Polar guys, I have a few friends that fly for them and one of them just called recently asking about the possibility of coming towork at Atlas. I wished that we could have merged and put all this behind us, but it doesn't look like that will ever happen now.

Craven Morhead said:
"I just don't get what beef the polar crews have with the atlas crews. If someone can enlighten me it would be greatly appreciated."

Alot of us would appreciate this one!!

I don't know what the problem is also, if someone can answer this please let us all know!!!!!!

FearlessFreep said:
Does anyone have any noteworthy news?

Will the company be open for negotiations soon?

Will they lock out the pilots?

Will they attempt to hire replacement workers? (No scab flames on this just trying to see what is going on)

Will they liquidate and consolidate the remnants with Atlas?

If the latter is the case would Polar pilots have an opportunity for employment with Atlas?

What is going on NOW?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Good Luck To Us All!

Fearless Freep,

The negotiations have ended, but the company's offer is still on the table. I guess the lockout will remain in effect for the duration of their strike. There has been no new hires at Polar, but we're hiring like crazy at Atlas. It looks like the company has put a deadline out there (September 30, 2005) and it sounds like the demise of Polar is rapidly approaching. The Polar pilots have the opportunity to come to Atlas as New Hires.

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions.

Boeing Pilots

747-300,

I don't know who you are, but let's stop all the name calling here!

And those Polar guys who think we are flying their aircraft, the -400's that have been moved recently were operated by Boeing company contractor pilots.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back