Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
POLAR STRUCK WORK INSTRUCTIONS FOR ATLAS AIR

Furloughfooder:

You don't work for Polar or Atlas?

But you keep passing information and instructions to the board.

Why...?

Curious minds would like to know...?:confused:

Finally!!!

CSY Mon said:
Furloughfooder:

You don't work for Polar or Atlas?

I've been resisting the urge to ask this very question myself. What's up?

I understand you have friends at Polar. So what? Why do you have a copy of the struck work rules and why is it in your interest to post it on the internet?

Atlas Fleet Size

Xfr8dog said:
So Polar has 12 planes and Atlas has 30. How many pilots does each group have?

Polar DOES NOT have 12 planes, they had 12 planes. Atlas has taken back all of the planes dry leased to Polar, I believe the Polar fleet total is around 6 or 7 planes. The last fleet count at Atlas was 19 Classics and 12 747-400's.

mar said:
I've been resisting the urge to ask this very question myself. What's up?

I understand you have friends at Polar. So what? Why do you have a copy of the struck work rules and why is it in your interest to post it on the internet?

The struck work rules were given to most all cargo airlines....including FedEx and UPS. It is public information, there is nothing secret about it.

To answer your question CSYMON and MAR: I do have a vested interest in this. So do you. SO DO WE ALL. We need to stand behind these guys. While the rest of the industry is taking huge paycuts, or accepting the first offer on the table from management (like -300 would do) these guys have the cajones to stand strong and united to make a difference. I, for one, am proud of these guys.

It’s a shame what has happened to this industry in the last few years, but it doesn’t have to be this way. I know many of the Atlas guys are just drooling over the fact that they might be able to upgrade faster, etc….but management is going to try and screw you guys also in January so you had better be behind these Polar guys now. I would expect every last Atlas guy to refuse to cross any line that Polar has set up. IT IS TOTALLY LEGAL and it is IN YOUR CONTRACT that you DO NOT HAVE TO CROSS A LEAGAL PICKET LINE. If you guys would show some balls this thing would be over tomorrow. I understand one Atlas guy refused to cross the line in front of the training center in MIA…now that is true support…follow his lead!!!

Good luck to the Polar pilots, stay united!

To answer your question CSYMON and MAR: I do have a vested interest in this. So do you. SO DO WE ALL. We need to stand behind these guys. While the rest of the industry is taking huge paycuts, or accepting the first offer on the table from management (like -300 would do) these guys have the cajones to stand strong and united to make a difference. I, for one, am proud of these guys.

Yeah, we all have a vested interest..

The last smart strike however was Comair meh thinks.
Them guys were united and had their sh!t together when times were ripe.

As far as this Polar strike: I have a lot of sympahty and warm and fuzzy feelings for them guys, plenty of old friends from Tower Air and Evergreen over there, I do however agree with -300 that the timing and logic might be wrong and that the Polar guys may be out of a job fairly soon.

10.5 % plus the old work rules seems like a pretty good deal these days, oil prices, ch. 11's and all.

Go for the big kill next time, or strangle the golden goose this time around.

furloughfodder said:
Ahhh, Evergreen. I did some time in The Zone as well!

You must know the "History Professor"......;)

Fair point

furloughfodder said:
The struck work rules were given to most all cargo airlines....including FedEx and UPS.

Ok. Fair point. But I'm still not "feeling you" as the kids say.

I'll say this: The Polar guys *do* have balls. You and I agree on that much.

Last edited:
It took balls to ASK for 31%, but its pure stupidity to strike *at this time* when you didn't get it.

Lots of fuzzy math coming from the Polar folks. "The revenue is so high THEY MUST BE MAKING MONEY". Pure nonsense.

As for the guy who honored the picket line at the training center, he'll be terminated. And I don't think there's an arbitrator in the world that would overturn his termination. Why are there pickets there? I didn't see that on the list of what's considered struck work.

You guys are too much. You're on here talking about unity and support from Atlas crews at the same time you're on your own ALPA site trashing us. When you say; "F#*k Dave B*****" (our MEC Chair), we know about it. When you say; "The next Atlas guy who flies another airplane is a scab", we know about it. When you say; "I do believe if Alpa kicks their sorry useless butts out of the union, because they are now scabs they will forfeit their employment", we know about it.

Taking pictures of Atlas guys who report for duty to fly Atlas planes and Atlas cargo is a big mistake. Having one of your guys go to our homes (while we're away) and tell our wives that we are scabs is a big mistake. Threatening to put us on the master scab list because we have flown Atlas planes full of Atlas cargo while you are on strike is a big mistake. Falsely accusing us of jumpseat violations is a big mistake. Your beef is with AAWW, but you're taking it out on Atlas crews. You had some support, but that's disappearing fast.

Here's the new Atlas motto:
WE DON'T CROSS PICKET LINES........WE GO AROUND THEM

You brought this on yourselves!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back