Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Polar Air Cargo, 30 days out from possible strike.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I totally agree Whale. Jolly, great if management reads this, i hope they realize we really don't care what they do. There is no reason to negotiate anything as long as the Cato42 are out of a job. Screw E & C, screw the 10.5 proposal (or any other) if there is one, and E, I really hope you DO what you SAY. BTW are you guys really room mates?

Wow! Full denial. I guess the Polar MEC has done a good job getting a few of you guys to ignore the facts and goose-step towards your destiny.

I had a good laugh when I looked at the list of airlines that make "so much freakin money" flying cargo. Please, drop the crack pipe and step away from the airline comparisons. UPS and FedEx's core business isn't flying cargo "by the pound" over the ocean. They are wildly profitable, but they're not in the same business as Polar. NWA is close to bankruptcy. NCA and JAL might have full planes, but that doesn't mean they're making money. These airlines might all farm out work to ACMI carriers because the ACMI outfits can carry cargo for lower cost than they can themselves. Oh, and by the way, Southern, Tradewinds and Focus are all expanding rapidly because they have lower rates than Atlas/Polar.

"What kind of an idiot would continue to run a business that makes no money?"

The kind of idiot that just wants to keep the company alive to see better days, when fuel prices drop and rates rise.

"What kind of an idiot would invest in a company like that?"

The kind of idiot that already has a huge investment (in assets and cash) already in place there that doesn't want to liquidate in the current market.

Remember, Polar rejected the Atlas contract at the start of negotiations. You could have had the same pay as Atlas if you would have accepted the rest of the contract. But no, you're now looking for a 30-40% raise plus improvements to other parts of your contract. Seems unrealistic given the state of the company and industry. How did your MEC ever convince you guys that this was reasonable at a time when your parent company just emerged from bankruptcy and fuel prices are at a record high and climbing? Was there a wash tub full of Kool-Aid in the room? Did some of you boys sneak a few extra servings?

There is one post I agree with above. Management is weak at the parent company, but the union won't change that. Their jobs are safe. YOUR JOBS ARE NOT SECURE. You should have taken the 12% (or 10.5% or whatever you think it was) and come back to the table in a year or so when conditions might be better.

How are you guys gonna feel when UPS Captains get a 26% raise shortly? Are you still gonna wish they didn't buy Polar?

Last edited:
E170Guppykiller said:
How are you guys gonna feel when UPS Captains get a 26% raise shortly? Are you still gonna with they didn't buy Polar?

stop it thilly, the big kidth at talking right now, and it doesn't concern anyone with SJS

Guys,

That ignore list is pretty cool, use it and watch guppykiller vanish.

AA

How are you going to feel when your stuck flying the EMB170 for the rest of your career for minumum wage.

E170Guppykiller said:
How are you guys gonna feel when UPS Captains get a 26% raise shortly? Are you still gonna wish they didn't buy Polar?

Latest resources

Back