• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PNCL: Class personified!! wow., just wow

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At least CJC and XJ's proposals make sense whether you agree or not. PNCL's is just mean spirited and venomous. Can't wait to work with that group.....

Doesn't anyone know anything about how arbitration works? You don't make proposals to arbitrators based on what you think is fair. You shoot for the moon knowing that the arbitrator will give you some of the things you want if you are lucky.

I noticed that the reference of "final proposal" was used. That begs to ask what everyone's negotiating proposals were. I think a comparison of negotiating positions would be a better measure of one groups "mean spirited" intent. Now that the Colgan MEC has spilled the beans its only a matter of time before the blow by blows start to leak out. Stand by for the fireworks.

I would be ashamed if i worked for Pinnacle.

I hope you get what you deserve.

I'm not ashamed in the least bit, my union tried to protect its current members, maybe you should be ashamed your union didn't try harder for you? Just because this is what we asked for doesnt mean it's going to happen, i would want to try and get as much as I could though so why not aim high

I don't know what to say. Mesaba's DOH demand is obvious. Colgan's relative is a no-brainer. If that really is the PNCL method, it sounds a little extreme. I don't think it's a good idea to put the most senior Colgan pilot below the most junior Pinnacle pilot. There has to be a more equitable method. But that having been said, maybe there was some type of fencing method in the Pinnacle method, where the Colgan flying is protected (fenced) for the Colgan pilots for 'X' amount of time. Who knows? On the other hand, Pinnacle should still get a slight advantage in the SLI, as was the case in Republic's SLI. Colgan is where it is today because the shell game of Pinnacle holdings bought Colgan, and then grew it tremendously, while displacing and stagnating Pinnacle pilots/flying. Mesaba was bought at a time when all Saab's were already announced to be parked by next year. With a loss of nearly 3 dozen Saabs, XJ was headed down a road of furloughs and downgrades. This all comes into play.

Anyway, it's all a moot point. The final SLI will be out in a few days, and you can all see the binding result then.

So you think that your airline bought.....Colgan and Mesaba.....take a step back and take business 101 and rethink things. Oh and thinking you are like republic makes me laugh. Have a higher opinion of yourself-what republic did makes them tools and I would not give them a glass of water if ....you get the idea. Republic holdings (all three carriers one seniority list) bought two airlines and screwed them-So that right there makes us (Colgan, mesaba, and pinnacle) even by your words so you as pinnacle do not get an advantage. yes I agree, it is up to Bloch and what we think is fair might not be what he thinks is fair. But open your eyes and look at a better example than that of Republic. take a look at something Bloch did-Delta/NWA. He did not take half the Delta pilots and put them on the top....Why am I even going on about this, you are too much of a tool to get it anyways. Sure hope I do not have to fly with you

So you think that your airline bought.....Colgan and Mesaba.....take a step back and take business 101 and rethink things. Oh and thinking you are like republic makes me laugh. Have a higher opinion of yourself-what republic did makes them tools and I would not give them a glass of water if ....you get the idea. Republic holdings (all three carriers one seniority list) bought two airlines and screwed them-So that right there makes us (Colgan, mesaba, and pinnacle) even by your words so you as pinnacle do not get an advantage. yes I agree, it is up to Bloch and what we think is fair might not be what he thinks is fair. But open your eyes and look at a better example than that of Republic. take a look at something Bloch did-Delta/NWA. He did not take half the Delta pilots and put them on the top....Why am I even going on about this, you
You cannot use the Delta/NWA merger in comparison to Pinnacle/Mesaba/Colgan. DAL/NWA was a completely different animal.

are too much of a tool to get it anyways. Sure hope I do not have to fly with you
Everyone's a tough guy on the internet :rolleyes:

Doesn't anyone know anything about how arbitration works? You don't make proposals to arbitrators based on what you think is fair. You shoot for the moon knowing that the arbitrator will give you some of the things you want if you are lucky.

Well, that's one theory. The other theory is that the party who the arbitrator deems to be most reasonable with their proposal is likely to be the party that comes out best in arbitration.

1800 down the list for the top Colgan guy is not reasonable but neither is the Colgan relative seniority. The colgan proposal would make the top 5% at Colgan the most senior CRJ900 captains of the combined group. The top 5% of the CRJ900 Captains at Mesaba have over 20 years in with a much better career expectation than the Colgan guys. I could see the top Colgan guys being similiar SLI seniority with some of the CRJ200 captains because pay is similiar etc. The top 5% of the CRJ200 guys at Mesaba have from 15-20 years, whereas I'm pretty sure that Colgan has no more than 5-6 guys with over 12 years. That makes date of Hire tricky as well becasue we can't have a senior Q400 guy booted to the right seat by a XJ guy who is an FO now!

This a just a messy situation all around!

1800 down the list for the top Colgan guy is not reasonable but neither is the Colgan relative seniority. The colgan proposal would make the top 5% at Colgan the most senior CRJ900 captains of the combined group. The top 5% of the CRJ900 Captains at Mesaba have over 20 years in with a much better career expectation than the Colgan guys. I could see the top Colgan guys being similiar SLI seniority with some of the CRJ200 captains because pay is similiar etc. The top 5% of the CRJ200 guys at Mesaba have from 15-20 years, whereas I'm pretty sure that Colgan has no more than 5-6 guys with over 12 years. That makes date of Hire tricky as well becasue we can't have a senior Q400 guy booted to the right seat by a XJ guy who is an FO now!

This a just a messy situation all around!

I agree with what you are saying. I think in the end the CJC guys wouldn't mind being fenced in to the Q's as long as we can protect our bidding power. Perhaps relative or DOH with very tall fences would do the trick?

Latest resources

Back