• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please Help Pilots Stuck In Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I flew with Joe Lepore at Trans States. He's a good stick and a sharp guy. I would love to find a way to get our support to the people who can make his release happen.

The fact that "detainees" are being/have been illegally held (without being charged) by our government in Guantanamo probably isn't helping matters much.

Good point, WabiSabi. :mad: I got a snail mail response from my Senator, stating that he'd refer it to Clinton, since it's her jurisdiction.

It's a bad point. They are enemy combatants in GITMO and to even try to give some moral justification in comparison is unfathomable. We aren't at war with Brasil and our country would never treat their citizens this way.

Have you even read about how well they are treated and how dangerous the really are (at Gitmo). They have way better treatment than your state prisoner du jour.

It's a bad point. They are enemy combatants in GITMO and to even try to give some moral justification in comparison is unfathomable. We aren't at war with Brasil and our country would never treat their citizens this way.

Have you even read about how well they are treated and how dangerous the really are (at Gitmo). They have way better treatment than your state prisoner du jour.

Well, no. Do you know how many detainees have been released from Gitmo? The answer is plenty.....some were held after 3 or 4 years when it was finally decided that they were holding these people without cause. LINKY Are you suggesting that we are @ war with innocents?

I wasn't justifying Brazil detaining the 2 pilots. I said nothing of the sort. Your inference is from your own preconceived notions because of whatever political agenda you might have.

As a country, we can't pay lip service against unjustly detaining people and not expect scrutiny when we do/did it ourselves. The current gov't was warned about this yet in all of their hubris and self-righteousness, they ignored the warnings. A rose is a rose and hypocrisy is hypocrisy....no matter what your political beliefs.

It is absolutely a good point and it still stands.

P.S. Perhaps you should cut down on Fox News a bit.

Last edited:
I know I'm gonna get torched, but those guys need to be held accountable. They should be in a jail cell, and not in a hotel. If you were a family member of one of the victims you guys would be singing a different tune.

Latest resources

Back