• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please Help Pilots Stuck In Brazil

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know I'm gonna get torched, but those guys need to be held accountable. They should be in a jail cell, and not in a hotel. If you were a family member of one of the victims you guys would be singing a different tune.

Held accountable for what, exactly? Following ATC instructions? For their superior airmanship in landing an aircraft that had just collided with one nearly 3 times it's size?

The currently known facts of this incident seem to lay the blame on the Brazilian ATC.

I'm sure if it was your brother or friend being held, YOU'D be singing a different tune.

Why was their xponder off?

Superior airmanship? YGBSM. Is that what involuntary muders what to be called now? Shees!

I wondered when the clown would show up in this thread.

There has to be a fair amount of airline service into Brazil - any chance of a boycott of Brazilian flights by all of the pilot unions until this is resolved?

I know I'm gonna get torched, but those guys need to be held accountable. They should be in a jail cell, and not in a hotel. If you were a family member of one of the victims you guys would be singing a different tune.
No, you won't get torched too badly because:

a.) We know this is flamebait.

b.) We know your statement above to be a complete and gross ignorance of established FACTS of the accident.

c.) You have absolutely ZERO credibility behind making such an assertion without stating PROOF that you are either an NTSB official who has been given every single document to examine as evidence (unlikely if you are posting here) OR you are a member of the Brazilian government empowered to make such a statement (again, highly unlikely).

So, since you can't BACK UP your assertions with PROOF of either criminal intent on the part of the pilots or PROOF of criminally negligent behavior (and no, the accident itself isn't PROOF), you will be ignored by the vast majority of us who understand how assinine your statement is.

Have a great day, Crusty...

Last edited:

Superior airmanship? YGBSM. Is that what involuntary muders what to be called now? Shees!

says the guy who forgot how much time he has and with "most" ratings...:laugh:

No, you won't get torched too badly because:

a.) We know this is flamebait.

I knew some idiot would come out with line. Again I'm entittled to my opinion.

Okay Sherlock, you were in the jumpseat huh? I'm glad you know all the facts.

Have a good day Yeasty...

I knew some idiot would come out with line. Again I'm entittled to my opinion.
You're absolutely entitled to your opinion. If you based it on FACT, someone might actually listen to you.

Okay Sherlock, you were in the jumpseat huh? I'm glad you know all the facts.
Just as you were in the jumpseat and can call these guys criminals and go out and pull the trigger of the gun that executes them for your "alleged" crime? Based on what FACTS, Mr. Judge, jury, and executioner?

I DO know all the FACTS that have been released thus far by the Brazilian government and involved aviation authorities. ALL of those FACTS point to a breakdown in ATC communication and possible equipment malfunction (transponder). Those FACTS do NOT point to pilot error, much LESS criminal negligence or deliberate intent.

So, AGAIN, if you have any FACTS that state otherwise, present them. Otherwise, have a nice hot cup of STFU.

Have a good day Yeasty...[/quote]
Yeasty? Nice try UpperCRUST... we all know it's you, it's OK you paid the $10 bucks to come back. :)

Lance I have very accurate information on this accident as several people I am working with to get these pilots home have spoken to both Joe and Jan at length.

The transponder wasn't turned off it failed. I have flowned several new boeing aircraft within weeks of being certifed to line operations. I can't tell you how many times many systems are broken due to bugs of a new aircaft. Brazilan controllers have tesitifed they knew the transponder wasn't working for almost an hour prior to the accident and never notified the flight crew.

Lastly even if this accident was the fault of the Legecy pilots which I am confident it wasn't but for argument sake lets say it is human error on the part of the Legacy pilots that caused this terrible tragedy. Are you saying pilots should be criminally responsible for accidents caused by unintentional human error?

Well, no. Do you know how many detainees have been released from Gitmo? The answer is plenty.....some were held after 3 or 4 years when it was finally decided that they were holding these people without cause. LINKY Are you suggesting that we are @ war with innocents?

I wasn't justifying Brazil detaining the 2 pilots. I said nothing of the sort. Your inference is from your own preconceived notions because of whatever political agenda you might have.

As a country, we can't pay lip service against unjustly detaining people and not expect scrutiny when we do/did it ourselves. The current gov't was warned about this yet in all of their hubris and self-righteousness, they ignored the warnings. A rose is a rose and hypocrisy is hypocrisy....no matter what your political beliefs.

It is absolutely a good point and it still stands.

P.S. Perhaps you should cut down on Fox News a bit.

Perhaps you should have more faith in your country than its enemies. You speak just as the enemies of the USA do. You are playing into their propaganda machine. Why don't you put some patriotism above YOUR political agenda.

Latest resources

Back