• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Please BUY AAI!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The entire Transtar/Muse process is a case study in horrible BATNA. They went from 900 pilots to zero because they kept thinking they could get more and more.

In the end, they got nothing.

I hope Airtran ALPA has figured this out by now.

RF

Like Ty said, this isn't SWA/Muse and this isn't the 80's. I have faith in our representative MC/NC's to find something fair since it's better to keep it out of an arbitrator's hands. That said, I'm not worried about a similar Transtar/Muse scenario here, even if it does go to arbitration, and neither are the other AAI pilots.

The reason I responded at all was that I wanted to point out that ALPA National isn't pushing anything here. Our 4 *LINE PILOTS* who comprise the Merger Committee and who will return to the line when it's complete have only one agenda: find something fair and equitable and bring it back to us. That's it, in a nutshell.

I figure if both sides are a little irritated but few (if anyone) is truly, militantly angry at the final result, it'll probably be fair. ;)

I figure if both sides are a little irritated but few (if anyone) is truly, militantly angry at the final result, it'll probably be fair. ;)

Fair would be a staple, just like you were asking for in this very thead just before the acquisition was announced. Funny how that has changed. Sad, actually.

The entire Transtar/Muse process is a case study in horrible BATNA. They went from 900 pilots to zero because they kept thinking they could get more and more.

In the end, they got nothing.

I hope Airtran ALPA has figured this out by now.

RF

When you say THEY, it was a select few that ran with the ball and ruined it for the the whole. SWA did hire a lot of Muse Air pilots after it was all said and done.

Would it be OK if Southwest passed a new CBA tomorrow with a 50% pay increase?

OK? I think it would be great! :) Let's get industry pay rates back up to where they belong.

Now, as to whether it has anything to do with SLI is a completely different question, and I'll just let arbitral history speak for itself on that.

Go back and check out what happened with Muse/Trans Star. Those guys were given a good deal. The MUSE/TS NC agreed to the deal and then ALPA national put the kibosh on it.

ALPA National had absolutely nothing to do with that. It was a decision of the Trans Star MEC.

However, I would not be at all surprised if ALPA national was leaning on that MEC through the entire process. Up to and including them (Muse/TransStar) tubing the deal.

ALPA National makes a very big deal of not getting involved in SLI situations at all. That's why we hire outside merger counsel for SLI.

R/F said: "Thanks for the clarification. In many cases, a few can ruin it for many.."

The Frontier CPs come to mind...hope they are happy at RAH

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back