Please BUY AAI!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And if Skipper was quoting me,

Either way, my personal feelings at the time aren't indicative of the AirTran pilot group at large. One person is hardly an indication of the entire pilot group's thoughts on an SLI. But if it makes ole B.D. happy to quote me over and over again like it's accomplishing something... hey, that's what he does. It's why we call him "skipper"... like a broken record... skip... skip... skip... ;)

Woah, pretty funny, being that I wasn't even quoting Lear70 at all. He wasn't even the Tranny that started this thread begging for a SWA job with staple. Methinks somebody has a guilty conscience.

Last edited:
Seriously, why don't you spend some of your energy making Centurion better or on getting a better job instead of trolling here?

I think the SWA 4th year F/O's make the same as our 4th year CA's now...

So yeah, I guess you could say SWA pilots make "a bit" more than AirTran pilots. But so does nearly every OTHER major airline. Some airlines' "bit" is more than others, I guess. ;)

Another quote for the arbitrators.

and of course everyone knows arbitrators rely primarily on anonymous web discussion boards for input when making a decision.

This message is hidden because Bob Dylan is on your ignore list.

Don't worry, Lear . . . . I'll summarize it for you-

Blah, Blah, Blah, Staple, Staple, Whine, Whine, Whine, Posture, blah, blah blah. Tranny this, Tranny that . . . blah, blah, blah. :laugh:

Don't worry, Lear . . . . I'll summarize it for you-

Blah, Blah, Blah, Staple, Staple, Whine, Whine, Whine, Posture, blah, blah blah. Tranny this, Tranny that . . . blah, blah, blah. :laugh:
LOL Nice. ;)

400AH*le said:
Originally Posted by Lear70
I think the SWA 4th year F/O's make the same as our 4th year CA's now...

So yeah, I guess you could say SWA pilots make "a bit" more than AirTran pilots. But so does nearly every OTHER major airline. Some airlines' "bit" is more than others, I guess.
Another quote for the arbitrators.
Yup, back then they did. Now it's a much closer gap. I'm sure it'll come up in negotiations; we'll find out 3-6 months from now just how much weight it was given.

Until then, ya'll fly safe out there. :)

The maturity level of this thread is so low with few exceptions that are easily drowned out.

I am ashamed that I will/are be represented by these professionals. We deserve to be unfairly compensated for the amount of responsibility we provide day in and day out.

We have too many "Yoots" in aviation. At least I have been around long enough to recognize that there is no one else to blame for our treatment than our work group as a whole.

This "my airline is better than yours" and "I deserve more than you" is destroying which was once a respectable profession. There has been a HUGE generational shift motivated by envy and entitlement.

Those entering this profession are screwed because of the selfishness of others. A EMB 195 should be earning the same wage as a 737 pilot. But instead of focusing on the ball we, as a group, are focused on ourselves. An EMB Captain should be earning the same as a 12 year 737 FO.

This is not managements fault. They will let us work for free if we want. But until every union does not get on the same page these problems will only get worse. And every airline (eg Skywest) does not bring in a union we will earn less and less and less. Airline pilot wages have NEVER been the reason for the demise of an airline.

We need to think as a group. And focus on the profession no matter who you work for. Instead we need to know who a neurotic like General Lee really is and what Ty Webb's name is that absolutely will have no affect on our futures.

Focus people. Focus. A US Airways 737 Captain maxed out at (considering inflation) $260,000 in todays dollars. And that slide is continuing. WE MUST get this to stop.

So the trannies used to be begging Southwest to buy them and staple them? Wonder what changed? Simple greed or is ALPA trying to destroy Southwest maybe?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back