• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Sampler Platter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have being happy at 9E. reserve but still smiling.
I have no desire to work for any regional airline in the USA nor do I consider any that much better than 9E.

I have no desire to work for any regional airline in the USA nor do I consider any that much better than 9E.

And you are basing that on your extensive knowlege of the contracts at say, XJT, Horizon, Air Willy, etc?

All regionals are NOT the same.

Turbo

Not to offend you.

Care to say where you worked before?

Turbo

I said I am happy, not stupid. Too much personal info. .....I am not a streamer though. You all must be some hot-shot airline pilots to be talking like that! I'd love to work where you are at. I was a CFI like a lot of you on the board, the first airline before Sep 11.

You are so irritated with people who choose to live happily even though this may not be the best job around here. I don't hate you for being so miserable. I just don't like the new people who start bitching so soon after getting to 9E. With all due respect, nobody asked you to come work here, if you hate it so much, just leave. Can we all just get along now?

I don't work there yet, but I've got to agree with Mayoplane. Most jobs, like life, is what you make of it. I'm still just wondering if Pinnacle is that bad or if its just full of whining pilots. If you guys hate the commute so much stop complaining and move to base.

I may be slightly off base, but I am pretty sure Mayoplane is a DTW CA and has been with 9E a good 4 years.

I will agree that too many FO's come on here and blast 9E who have less than a year. To be truly miserable you have to do at least 3 years:D

All kidding aside, happiness is subjective. Secondly, if you have been flying pax for any bit of time you will know that there are people that will NEVER be happy no matter how hard you try.

As for moving to domicile... have you been to our domiciles? They are nothing to write home about.

Is Pinnacle bad? that depends on what you consider bad? Of all the regionals, we are near the bottom on pay and work rules. We are near the bottom on company relations and treatment by management. For equipment, and growth we are in the middle. For schedules we tend to be near the top. For reserve, we are near or the bottom. For training, we are near the bottom. For contract resolution, we are near the bottom.

so if you break it down...if you can pass training and pass PC's, you will have plenty of days off as a FO to find the second job to put food on the table. When you work, you may be abused and the company does not care, management will do very little to improve your work environment. No contract resolution in sight and a divided and VERY junior and inexperienced pilot group. You will get to fly newer jets that are generally well maintained with decent crews. The trips overall are decent. Oh.. you will never be #1 in either seat in ANY domicile. The best you can hope for in is the top 10% in about 3 years for the right seat and 15 years for the left seat.

so... that is it in a nutshell, good and bad and it all depends on what you can live with, live without and your tolerances for each. it is a PILOT'S market right now, not a company market. Pilot's have the choices and should use those choices to find the BEST fit for them.

I don't work there yet, but I've got to agree with Mayoplane. Most jobs, like life, is what you make of it. I'm still just wondering if Pinnacle is that bad or if its just full of whining pilots. If you guys hate the commute so much stop complaining and move to base.

You demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of why pilots commute. Very seldom is it by choice, rather necessity. Airline management hates commuters and it they had their way you would sleep and live at the airport.

When a large percentage of a pilot group is unhappy it is not because they are whiners, something else is happening. You live in a fantasy world my friend and are a huge part of the problem facing aviation professional today. You are easily manipulated by the current trend in airline management. In chasing your desire to "live the dream" you would swim through sewage and never smell the shxt.

I think it's great when people enjoy their jobs, and it is absolutely fine to come on here and say as much, even when it is an airline currently in disfavor.

However, it is annoying when people say misinformed things like "all regionals are the same, nowhere else is any better", which is just plain incorrect, misleading, and ignorant.

I think it's great when people enjoy their jobs, and it is absolutely fine to come on here and say as much, even when it is an airline currently in disfavor.

However, it is annoying when people say misinformed things like "all regionals are the same, nowhere else is any better", which is just plain incorrect, misleading, and ignorant.

That is my point exactly. And DonK put out a good evaluation of the good and bad at 9E (although the schedules aren't always good, some months mgmt decides to tweak the pairing generator because they think they have come up with a way save $0.02 cents and days off go down the toilet).

The thing is, it will never get better unless we try to make it better. And telling someone to "just leave" is ridiculous as well. Duh, seniority system. That said- I'm working on it.

Turbo

You demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of why pilots commute. Very seldom is it by choice, rather necessity.

When a large percentage of a pilot group is unhappy it is not because they are whiners, something else is happening. You live in a fantasy world my friend and are a huge part of the problem facing aviation professional today. You are easily manipulated by the current trend in airline management. In chasing your desire to "live the dream" you would swim through sewage and never smell the shxt.

BS. I've got a general idea and I can smell guys like you a mile away. I realize Pinnacle has problems, I just want to know what they are. I'm trying to make an informed decision. Weighing, what I hope will be, a quick upgrade and having to commute or living in base. Some of us do make decisions. If I choose Pinnacle, I want to know what I'm getting into so that I won't end gripping and moaning.

DonDk, I appreciate the info. Thanks for the help

Latest resources

Back