• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ghetto Sled

Dont pet cocktail monkey
Pinnacle Guys,
Not looking to start a gripe session, but I've heard through the grapevine that you guys just aren't very happy. I'm thinking about coming over there and want as much info as you guys can provide. Especially any pitfalls to avoid. I realize it's an old contract and the pay isn't the best, but what else? I figure if I know about it before I sign up, I'll have no right to complain.

If you live in base, it's not that bad (although i'd consider mesaba first), but would never consider here if i was to commute. the contract is worthless! quick upgrade, but you'll pay for it your entire time here

The problem with working at Pinnacle is NOT the contract. Sure, it is old, out of date, and does not come close to meeting the needs of Pinnacle Airlines pilots.

The problem is management. They COULD chose to treat us with a tiny little bit of respect. However, they have chosen not to. They don't even honor our cruddy contract.

I know many might say "all regionals are like that". Although it is true that many (not all) regional airlines treat their pilots poorly, Pinnacle has redefined "poorly".

I would recommend strongly you look somewhere else.

Turbo

See my post about the training pay...they will lie and cheat every chance they get!

They are screwing one class out of the $750 bonus for completing IOE. Suppose a (unlikely) maximum of all 10 pilots in the class made it--total cost to company, $7500--or ONE-THIRD the training cost of just one pilot who says "eff this" and bails out for another airline.

They don't trip over dollars to pick up pennies--they systematically look for ways to steal from you.

They are just bad people, plain and simple.

I live in MSP so it's not so bad. I've been here less than a year and holding 14 days off with every Fri, Sat, and Sunday off, so my schedule is good. Great group of guys to fly with. Reserve sucks but I was only on it for 2 months.

the only thing this company has to offer is quick upgrades and quick rides up the seniority ladder. This is due to the terrible working conditions.

With all the talk of quick upgrades, does anyone stop to consider that if they get a FAA violation, which I was told that their are over 100 at any one time in the MEM FISDO, they are stuck at 9E FOREVER, because last time I checked FedEx has plenty of apps with clean records.

Think Guys a quick upgrade could be the kiss of death for a new guy.

They are just bad people, plain and simple.

This is the most concise and accurate statement I've read about Pinnacle management. Absolutely spot-on.

who not?

Are you going to live in base? Then come to 9E. You will not find too many regional airline pilots who do not complain about their companies.

Quick upgrade, a lot of days off when you are still junior. Pay sucks and reserve sucks.

It's about your attitude towards life. The unhappy people are always unhappy no matter where they are.

Latest resources

Back