• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Sampler Platter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah...... the Jet U'ers dont have much more than 200tt let alone 200ME. Those min's mean nothing. It would be impossible to find enough qualified candidates if those numbers were hard numbers.

they can't find qualified candidates, that is why they use JetU, UND, ATP, RAA, CAPT and all the other programs.

the pilot review board is a joke, they barely meet and when they do they got a stack of hundreds and they get through maybe a couple of dozen. Once the QA guy does a risk assessment, most of those are nixed and sent a note of "we are interested, but you need to go to a "bridge program".

I would not be surprised if it came out that CS had his hand in the pot again and getting kickbacks.

I started Pinnacle over 3 years ago, now I am a MSP based Captain, born and raised in MSP.

Many people would give their left arm to be in my position...a CA based in their home town where they live. Everyone who knows/flies with me knows I am a easy-going/always happy guy, but, I am so unhappy at Pinnacle that I am leaving for Compass, where I will be an FO for a few months before upgrade. Yes, I am that desperate to get out of here that I am willing to be an FO at another regional to do it. That's how bad things are here. Here's a few reasons:

-My paycheck is ALWAYS short, usually off by $100-$200. I don't mind once in a great while, but every month is rediculous.

-Our Pref Bid is terrible...this month I asked off for 3 days, and NOTHING else. I told the system I would do ANYTHING(reserve, CDO, ANYTHING) just give me these 3 (non-holiday)days off. I got only one of them off, and 4 people junior to me got all 3 of those days off. I even had a pref bid trainer person help me and show me how to do it.

-I'm sick of seeing that our contract negotiations are going nowhere. It's been over 2 years, and no end in sight. That scares the h*ll out of me.

-With Colgan on board, I feel that management is just dying to let them do our flying...especially now that they turned down ALPA. Our management is way more cruel and corrupt than any other airline.

-I'm sick of seeing so many people get disciplined for NO GOOD REASON. They've tried discipling me twice for something I didn't do wrong.

-I have called in sick 1 time in over 3 years. 0 missed trips, 0 lates, 0 delays that were my fault, 0 call-in-honests, 0 extension refusals...You think I can ever drop a single flight? Nope. Forget about it. One time, the scheduler even admitted they had 14 people on reserve with no flights or open time to fill, and they still wouldn't let me have one out-and-back off when my wife got sick and wanted me to come home.

-I had to do the carpet dance with the base manager once because they tried junior manning me ON MY VACATION days! I should not have to explain to them my reason for not flying during my vacation.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I have plenty of friends at XJT, Air Wisconsin, Horizon, Chataqua, etc...NONE of these things happen there.

Well spoken folks.
I feel our collective growl for better work rules.
Hopefully management and shareholders would get the message as pilot retention in companies become more difficult.
So keep the fight going!, but new guys realise that everyone must do what is best for him. if you get a job at any regional with low time. Take the job and run with it till you can get to the majors. Hopping from regional to regional chasing a few dollars more may not be worth it.
Do not get caught up with the small fish frying in a pan and not liking it.
The truth about this brutal business called Airlines
" It was designed to make shareholders profit even if Pilots were made extremely unhappy".
Livin on credit sorry to hear about your woes. Use your extension refusals. I do and it makes me feel more in control. I have not gotten into trouble for turning stuff down yet.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back