• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Sampler Platter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good for the FO. I wish more pilots were like him. We have to stand up for our basic rights and reasonable QOL. We bid for our day's off for our own good reasons, and the company has no right to throw it all away on a whim.

I told scheduling to stick it the other day.. You guys would have been proud.. ;)

let me put it this way to you. I have been here a year and a half. Upgrade is less than 6 months away. A huge jump in pay, plus building that precious PIC time. After crew scheduling pulled a BS move on me, I called my buddy who works at ASA and begged him to get me a job there.

Things are bad here; we are trying to make them better, but when you have a management team like Pinnacle has, it is impossible. This is a sinking ship. Go to RAH no matter what. Hell, go to Great Lakes before Pinnacle.

Still happy, sorry!

Yeah, if you can live in base with Shuttle, go for that.

I have worked for another regional carrier. I don't feel that it was much better there at all. Are ASA, PSA, Colgan, Commuteair, Mesa..... people happy? ... Being a regional pilot can be rough no matter where you are. It's not about being a 9E pilot.

When I came to 9E a few years ago, people used to say, "You are smiling, you must be new. " A few years later, I am still smiling and I am not THAT new any more. I know tons of people who are happy at 9E.

People are happier to be at major/National carriers not because they got out of 9E, but because they are no longer regional pilots, or maybe they don't have to commute any more. You think only the 9E pilots are happy to get out, you are smoking crack. I will move on eventually, but I refused to be miserable and be negative while I am here.

Again, I'm glad you are happy.

That said, 9E really is one of the worst jobs in the "regional" buisness. I worked at another regional too (piedmont)- much better. Care to say where you worked before?

Turbo

I thought unions were supposed to protect you from the bad management types and BS workrules...

Huh.

Maybe I'm uninformed.

I thought unions were supposed to protect you from the bad management types and BS workrules...

Huh.

Maybe I'm uninformed.

A union is not a magic wand. Unions do their part to make things better, but they can't make things perfect. Pinnacle would be an even worse place to work were it not for ALPA. Just ask the people that were there before ALPA came along. Joe H., #1, was one of the original ALPA organizers at what was then Express Airlines 1. I'm sure he'd be happy to tell just how much ALPA has done to make Pinnacle a far better place.

ALPA can't fix everything. No union can. But it can improve things, provide you with certain career protections, and give you a voice in your profession rather than being subject to every whim of corrupt and greedy airline managers.

Let me add a bit to this..

the company is trying to put in a FO retention program.
Pinnacle is not that bad, if you live in domicile, have an easy commute and/or have limited other opportunities. So... if you are a 300 hour program pilot, Pinnacle works until you become more competitive.

I thought hiring the 300 hours pilots was the FO retention program?

I will soon be a abused by pinnacle as I have an upcoming class. I know what I am in for or at least I think I do. I worked for another bottom feeder before (TSA) and all management seem to go to the same low life school. I have not worked for them in the past year as they would not let me have a "leave of
absentense" for a medical issue concerning my wife. So my only recourse was to resign from my captain position. So I will go to Pinnacle hopeing for the quick upgrade and then moving on to somewhere better.

I will leave you with this thought: It can always be worse somewhere else. Think GoJets!!!

Latest resources

Back