Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle pilots can't bid Saab Captain...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very true. But what should an xj pilot do? Not bid a crj 200 spot despite having the seniority to hold it? Really?

Oh, no, nothing that you can do. Nor can we. It's binding arbitration. There are two options at this point. One, we pull a US Air and kick out ALPA and not accept the arbitration award. But a majority of pilots (50%+) would have to vote yes to that. Given that a majority of Colgan, a pretty decent size of Mesaba, and a little bit of Pinnacle made out well in this award, you'll never get enough votes.

The second option is to make yourself heard through your feet. That is my goal. To get the **** outta here. I would love to stay and get the eventual TPIC time, but with the way things are now, pre-merger Pinnacle FOs are the next Comair FOs. I have no interest in spending the better part of a decade in the right seat of Pinnacle. The only thing that would change that is more aircraft, but right now, Delta being scoped at its max for larger RJs, I don't see much opportunity for Pinnacle. Not to mention, poor Menke is already busy enough trying to fix/correct this merger mess.

I see your point with regard to being in a shi..y position, not enough tpic and now sent back to the right seat for who knows how long. It's a tough position to not be pissed about it. The Mesaba folks are good peeps, trust me. Most of them are just good guys, the. Type that want to make money avoid trouble. With the company, most of the the xj. pilots don't have il will towards mgmt, that's where the difference in pilot groups will be. Former 9e mgmt wasn't the best group of people. If u with original xj pilotsn you will enjoy the time.

No, I just wouldn't categorize JetBlue as a "Major". It's far from a Major Airline. I think that the Major's should go the other way with scope.

Latest resources

Back