Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle pilots can't bid Saab Captain...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not really a good move at all. Had they left LGA with their DTW council, they Would have won DTW and its massive pilot population. Now, because the Mesaba MEC focused their efforts on MEM, they have succeeded in capturing a much smaller piece of the pie than what they could have had.

Not to mention the "new" MEM CA rep is vacating MEM on this recent award. Who is going to run next? The next election will be minus MEM/LGA SF34 pilots contributing to the vote.

MEC officers are elected on 'on man, one vote'. There are no roll call votes for officer elections.

Not really a good move at all. Had they left LGA with their DTW council, they Would have won DTW and its massive pilot population. Now, because the Mesaba MEC focused their efforts on MEM, they have succeeded in capturing a much smaller piece of the pie than what they could have had.

Not to mention the "new" MEM CA rep is vacating MEM on this recent award. Who is going to run next? The next election will be minus MEM/LGA SF34 pilots contributing to the vote.

Why would you want prior 9E MEM reps anyway. They were the biggest cancer within 9E to begin with. You want more of THAT?

Another thing I hate is you can never get the truth. You say this, and I don't doubt you. But if you ask the 9E committee, I'm sure you'll hear the complete opposite. In a situation like this, where's the truth? Where's the proof? Obviously, someone d*cked up. It'd be nice to know who was the behind it.

Well, it is common knowledge that Mesaba had DOH on the table from day one. That is very reasonable. Could have prevented the entire Bloch disaster.

Are you still confused?

Are you suggesting that all three parties were capable of agreeing to a "reasonable" integration? Just what was reasonable?

The negotiation phase of the SLI was a joke and at least two of the three parties proved they had no intention of ever moving off their most desired outcomes. The process should have just gone straight to arbitration.

Whether it went straight to arbitration, or went to arbitration a few months later, the outcome would have been nearly the same. Are you happy with the outcome of arbitration? I ask if you are happy since you suggest it should have gone to arbitration imediately...

(Since I know that you are NOT satisfied with Bloch's decision, maybe you should have considered Mesaba's "most desired outcome". You would have looked FAR better to the arbitrator if it had gone to arbitration, or you would have had a deal at the table that would have ultimately been better for the majority of 9E pilots, and had some good pressure to put on Colgan to agree to something more reasonable.)

So you are saying that you give equal credibility to anonymous Internet message board posters as you do to official sources? Tell me you are joking?

Nobody dicked up, the process is engineered to make sure everyone feels like they got screwed. Judging from the sentiment from PCL and XJ pilots, the process worked as designed. Those who think someone screwed them over on purpose or through incompetence are only trying to place blame. The only blame lies with Trenary for putting us all on this path to start with.

I spent more than 5 years at Pinnacle, through the ENTIRE integration process. You are WAY off base saying that our group did't dick this up. They did, big time. 9E over-reached with pilots saying "we bought them", "they ran their company into the ground", "use the LOA", and so on.

Pinnacle pilots did't play nice, and they got bit hard. Don't try and re-write history.

So you are saying that you give equal credibility to anonymous Internet message board posters as you do to official sources? Tell me you are joking?

Nobody dicked up, the process is engineered to make sure everyone feels like they got screwed. Judging from the sentiment from PCL and XJ pilots, the process worked as designed. Those who think someone screwed them over on purpose or through incompetence are only trying to place blame. The only blame lies with Trenary for putting us all on this path to start with.
Well, considering the aboslute silence of the 3 PCL merger committee members, I'm gonna have to say yeah, I'll take the credibility of the messages here. At least I get some information here. It is nothing but chirping crickets on the PCL side of things. And someone did d*ck this up, there is no way Bloch would have intentionally screwed one group (Pinnacle) unless he had a good reason to do so. If we truly are fenced from the Saabs, and from all looks of it we are, then something must have really pushed him off the cliff to do that to the Pinnacle group. Given that both XJ and 9L pretty much had the same standing viewpoint from day 1, I can only guess that the 9E group is the one that went off the far side. And 9E's side has done nothing to come to light. For example, only after Colgan's committee released the final views submitted for each group did Pinnacle's committee members finally step out and confirm the truth.

Last edited:
Hahaha the kw that was mentioned a few replies earlier , is a total looser, and on top or that got downgraded himself , or I should say forced to downgrade due to shi..y CFM skills. Ask any MEM pilot.. They know him. It's Not that he cant stick fly, it's that he can't be mature enough to communicate with others. Boy 9e sure has something coming with him. I hope they dont feel that Mesaba is full of westies.He is a train wreck! Should never have been captain, and never be one again.

Hahaha the kw that was mentioned a few replies earlier , is a total looser, and on top or that got downgraded himself , or I should say forced to downgrade due to shi..y CFM skills. Ask any MEM pilot.. They know him. It's Not that he cant stick fly, it's that he can't be mature enough to communicate with others. Boy 9e sure has something coming with him. I hope they dont feel that Mesaba is full of westies.He is a train wreck! Should never have been captain, and never be one again.
Just wait til he flies with a Pinnacle pilot hired before him that has been downgraded as a result of, well, the Mesaba displacement. Yeah, yeah, we're all professionals, yeah, we're "above" acting childish or taking it personal. But anyone saying that hasn't been in a cockpit jumpseat observing the whole US Air/ AWA debacle. WOW.

Very true. But what should an xj pilot do? Not bid a crj 200 spot despite having the seniority to hold it? Really?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back