Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle pilots can't bid Saab Captain...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SO who are the key players? Who is Hitler? And who is Delta? Please do not tell me skywest plays the role of America in this video and crushes Pinnacle????

"Ask not what ALPA can do for you, but what you can do for ALPA".
It may be just me, but I for one, think we could do without ALPA.

Last edited:
ALPA could have enforced it's merger policy and rejected Bloch's decision as written. The decision violates several stipulations and would not stand up in court, if it does then ALPA has a "Failure to Represent" problem.

But ALPA's goals are:

1. Collect Dues (it is a business after all)
2. Try to keep peace between MECs so it can achieve #1

How do they reject a binding and final decision?

ALPA is a resource. They do not dictate much at all onto the autonomous pilot groups. If national would have dictated DOH onto the pinnacle pilots, they would have screamed bloody murder. They would have complained about the heavy hand of ALPA dictating onto them a policy.

Yet they complain now that it didn't go THEIR way, and that ALPA should have mandated a policy that would have been better for them.

Get real. Pilots don't want policies dictated onto them. Yet when THEIR OWN autonomous group dick$ something up royally, they complain that national didn't fix it for them.

This merger was doomed for pinnacle pilots the moment they forced this to go to binding arbitration by refusing to agree to a reasonable integration through mutual negotiations.

Pinnacle pilots dicked it up, and now bitch that ALPA didn't fix it for them. Yet these are the same guys that would complain if ALPA had forced an integration policy upon them.

Sad.

How do they reject a binding and final decision?

ALPA is a resource. They do not dictate much at all onto the autonomous pilot groups. If national would have dictated DOH onto the pinnacle pilots, they would have screamed bloody murder. They would have complained about the heavy hand of ALPA dictating onto them a policy.

Yet they complain now that it didn't go THEIR way, and that ALPA should have mandated a policy that would have been better for them.

Get real. Pilots don't want policies dictated onto them. Yet when THEIR OWN autonomous group dick$ something up royally, they complain that national didn't fix it for them.

This merger was doomed for pinnacle pilots the moment they forced this to go to binding arbitration by refusing to agree to a reasonable integration through mutual negotiations.

Pinnacle pilots dicked it up, and now bitch that ALPA didn't fix it for them. Yet these are the same guys that would complain if ALPA had forced an integration policy upon them.

Sad.

... Pretty much on point.

And I think the MEM Pinnacle guys are talking with their votes considering there were more votes for the Mesaba reps in MEM than there are Mesaba pilots.

And I think the MEM Pinnacle guys are talking with their votes considering there were more votes for the Mesaba reps in MEM than there are Mesaba pilots.

Mesaba added the LGA base to their MEM council for the votes. Our MEM base is bigger than XJ's strictly MEM base. Good political move.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back