Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle pilots can't bid Saab Captain...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was just curious if any Pinnacle pilots can make an accurate prediction (based on what guys/gals are saying out on the line) on how many pilots that currently fly out of DTW and JFK are wanting to bid back to MSP more precisely MSP CRJ 200 CPT? It looks like the most junior Pinnacle 200 captain in MSP currently is a 1001 seniority # on the ISL. I know that Pinnacle displaced crews out of MSP and I think MEM about 8-11 months ago to DTW and JFK (not sure on the dates exactly). I'm guessing those crews are still trying to bid back?? Being a Mesaba pilot I'm not sure if they had the chance to before ISL was posted, but it looks like there will be roughly 26-32 spots open on this vacancy in realignment 11-09 including 6 senior people going over to MSP 900. To go a step further if you happen to roughly know the general spot on the list where pilots wanting back to MSP are on the ISL that would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the info, its much appreciated :)

I was just curious if any Pinnacle pilots can make an accurate prediction (based on what guys/gals are saying out on the line) on how many pilots that currently fly out of DTW and JFK are wanting to bid back to MSP more precisely MSP CRJ 200 CPT? It looks like the most junior Pinnacle 200 captain in MSP currently is a 1001 seniority # on the ISL. I know that Pinnacle displaced crews out of MSP and I think MEM about 8-11 months ago to DTW and JFK (not sure on the dates exactly). I'm guessing those crews are still trying to bid back?? Being a Mesaba pilot I'm not sure if they had the chance to before ISL was posted, but it looks like there will be roughly 26-32 spots open on this vacancy in realignment 11-09 including 6 senior people going over to MSP 900. To go a step further if you happen to roughly know the general spot on the list where pilots wanting back to MSP are on the ISL that would be appreciated.

My guess would be that there about 10-15 displaced MSP captains wanting to come back.

I dont think an accurate picture will be painted until the award comes out. Obviously XJ has a firm "live in" home in MSP and will want to bid back. Those at 9E that live there will prob bid back, but some won't when they hold a good schedule in DTW/JFK vs. Rsv in MSP.

I'd say to bid where you "want" to be and let the chips fall. This realignment is going to be huge and with guys going all over the place.

(nCr) for this scenario there are "roughly": 7,500,433,758,922,134,083,130,376,809,510 options. In dollars that is larger than the nation's debt. I think I got all the possible factors calculated in. My head hurts now, but the point is that nobody knows. I would not want FS's job next week.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back