• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle pilots can do better

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't say anything like that on airlinkpilots, otherwise you'll get 3 pages of gushing about how our union volunteers walk on water and should be treated like gods...

I had a union negotiator in my recurrent class (end of March 09), he had been bought out of every single trip since Jan 2009. What were they doing during all that time?

once upon a time, a ranking union leader told me 10% of the union volunteers do 90% of the work. The other 90% just sit around and collect. They should not be treated like gods, if anything some should be treated like crooks.

to ask what they were doing all that time? remolding a house, on the golf course twice a week, sitting home collecting 100 hrs full time buy, not even remotely concerned of getting JA'd. Previous NC members were out interviewing and getting hired by JB, DAL and SWA. IF anyone was hiring, I guarantee you that you would be on the 4th or 5th NC and not the 3rd.

It's certainly not earth shattering... and really not much of an improvement off of what was already there.

If I were still there, there would be nothing really enticing me to vote yes on it (other than finally having a contract and that big shiny W2 based signing bonus distrubution...blargh!)

Keep in mind the senior leadership- specifically one of the ones that was recalled- stated that "rigs are a bad thing." ...among many other gems.

The contract no matter what isn't going to be "bar raising"... you're fooling yourself if you expect that. However, I would have expected at least industry standard rigs, deadhead pay, and especially rsv workrules. The junior guys on reserve got tossed under the bus, run over, and then backed up again with this piece of work.

Good luck guys....here's an endsorsement for a big solid no.

It's certainly not earth shattering... and really not much of an improvement off of what was already there.

If I were still there, there would be nothing really enticing me to vote yes on it (other than finally having a contract and that big shiny W2 based signing bonus distrubution...blargh!)

Keep in mind the senior leadership- specifically one of the ones that was recalled- stated that "rigs are a bad thing." ...among many other gems.

The contract no matter what isn't going to be "bar raising"... you're fooling yourself if you expect that. However, I would have expected at least industry standard rigs, deadhead pay, and especially rsv workrules. The junior guys on reserve got tossed under the bus, run over, and then backed up again with this piece of work.

Good luck guys....here's an endsorsement for a big solid no.

when I was there, one captain was trying to convince me that block or better is a bad thing. He spent a leg from SDF-MSP trying to tell me that we made more money by NOT having block or better. I don't know about that, but at my new airline, I generally overblock about 4 hours a month. 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there, and it all adds up.

Vote no, Pinnacle pilots

I heard the remaining sections were released. Some okay, some still have people scratching their heads trying to understand who was negotiating for the pilots.

with the whole package out there, read closely and carefully. The date on one of the documents hint, if passed, Oct 1, 2009 is the effective date.

Latest resources

Back