• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle pilots can do better

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep in mind the senior leadership- specifically one of the ones that was recalled- stated that "rigs are a bad thing." ...among many other gems.

Just curious..Did he give a reason for that belief?

Just curious..Did he give a reason for that belief?

the version I heard a while back was rigs meant the company can't give 4 days 28 hours trips or two 2 day trips worth 14.5 each. Rigs would require more time at work (less productive) and less time at home. The flip was while it may provide higher pay to the whole group, it would inhibit the pay of those who could hold those super productive trips.

the version I heard a while back was rigs meant the company can't give 4 days 28 hours trips or two 2 day trips worth 14.5 each. Rigs would require more time at work (less productive) and less time at home. The flip was while it may provide higher pay to the whole group, it would inhibit the pay of those who could hold those super productive trips.

That's what I was wondering....There is a case to be made for that...

Wow you just got block or better...welcome to the 21st century. I sure hope the pncl guys aren't cheering because they finally got rid of the :15 min of free flying each leg. I was there and know the $hit you guys have been put through. The contract you sign, even though you may not plan on it now, will be the contract for the next 10 yrs there even though it says 5 yrs on the cover. Look at what has been done with the current one. Please vote NO!

Don't say anything like that on airlinkpilots, otherwise you'll get 3 pages of gushing about how our union volunteers walk on water and should be treated like gods...

I had a union negotiator in my recurrent class (end of March 09), he had been bought out of every single trip since Jan 2009. What were they doing during all that time?

Im very thankful of most of the volunteers at 9E. But now the sun is shining on the mem leadership and its all making sense to our current TA. This TA benefits all senior pilots in the company. No difference almost at all compared to the old contract. Im voting no and the bonus is a faking joke. These senior faks were capt and busting out 20 days off while the contract was amendable but yet fake or better yet snake gordon was throwing down the W2 method for the bonus. I knew he was out next to be recalled. He should be ashamed and the rest of the mem cronies.

Im very thankful of most of the volunteers at 9E. But now the sun is shining on the mem leadership and its all making sense to our current TA. This TA benefits all senior pilots in the company. No difference almost at all compared to the old contract. Im voting no and the bonus is a faking joke. These senior faks were capt and busting out 20 days off while the contract was amendable but yet fake or better yet snake gordon was throwing down the W2 method for the bonus. I knew he was out next to be recalled. He should be ashamed and the rest of the mem cronies.

all will say is smoke and mirrors... with the OLD leadership AND the NEW leadership.

I have never claimed to be a WG supporter, but he did do some good things. What you are seeing/reading is bigger than just him. You need to focus on all of the players. If you don't, you will just inherit the snake that is hiding below the smoke and behind the mirror.

There is a lot of good volunteers, many have done a lot of good for the pilots. Then there are the rest that are crooks and out for themselves. It starts at the top you know, not at the bottom.

One other thing, on the W2 method, you know who was on the compensation committee? Did you really expect a fair shake when the internal MEC creates a subcommittee and is making the recommendations?
:eek:

The 9E leadership mirrors nonconnah, where else did they learn to be this way?

That's what I was wondering....There is a case to be made for that...

Duty rigs make a lot more sense at the regional level than mainline. The regionals typically fly shorter legs so it takes 4, 5 or 6 legs to make a day "productive". Even with short breaks between all those legs that leads to some long freakin days. A mainline crew can knock out 8 hours of flying in 1 or 2 legs and keep their duty respectable.

Not to say you cant have a productive 4 day trip with 28 hours of block and minimal legs at ASA, but it would be the exception and certainly not the norm. At least with all those 14 hour scheduled duty days we are guaranteed a full 8 hrs of pay.

when I was there, one captain was trying to convince me that block or better is a bad thing. He spent a leg from SDF-MSP trying to tell me that we made more money by NOT having block or better. I don't know about that, but at my new airline, I generally overblock about 4 hours a month. 5 minutes here, 5 minutes there, and it all adds up.

Vote no, Pinnacle pilots

Nice username! Enjoying one of those right now myself. I hope life after Pineapple is treating you very well.

I've read a bit more of the contract... there are minimal improvements in the contract and many many concessions.

Reserves and junior people under the new contract will actually have a better life under the old contract, if you can even imagine.

All night highspeeds with unlimited legs, 2.7 hours per day for vacation pay instead of 3.75 hrs, being dropped back onto reserve after flying, 14 hour airport reserve... still 10 day off minimum.... who the crap wrote that piece of junk??

Oh.... and my personal favorite. It allows the over 60 guys to return at their previous seniority!
Absolutely unbelieveable. Vote no!

I've read a bit more of the contract... there are minimal improvements in the contract and many many concessions.

Reserves and junior people under the new contract will actually have a better life under the old contract, if you can even imagine.

All night highspeeds with unlimited legs, 2.7 hours per day for vacation pay instead of 3.75 hrs, being dropped back onto reserve after flying, 14 hour airport reserve... still 10 day off minimum.... who the crap wrote that piece of junk??

Oh.... and my personal favorite. It allows the over 60 guys to return at their previous seniority!
Absolutely unbelieveable. Vote no!
I thought it was substandard before I read that crap. I will personally start the "PNCL sucks!" campaign if you guys vote that joke in.

Latest resources

Back