• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is something that a lot of people are forgetting in the little SLI discussion and that is the word "windfall".

What do you mean...Colgan got that in the TA...9E wasn't far behind...Mesaba guys have to get their "windfall" in the SLI.

Meaba Pilots...

1 No raise
2 Lost flow
3 Will loose 108 senority spots to the grandfathered flows...Now you'll get 1/3 of the upward movement.
4 get a 9E pc
5 Crappy pass bennies
6 JFK base
7 ect

What do you mean...Colgan got that in the TA...9E wasn't far behind...Mesaba guys have to get their "windfall" in the SLI.

Meaba Pilots...

1 No raise
2 Lost flow
3 Will loose 108 senority spots to the grandfathered flows...Now you'll get 1/3 of the upward movement.
4 get a 9E pc
5 Crappy pass bennies
6 JFK base
7 ect

Mesaba pilots got to avoid 400 additional furloughs and 200 captain displacements. Seems pretty fair all around.

I know that in the end it will be a complicated process to come to an agreement (if not the arbitrator will take care of us all in whatever means he sees fit) decided by 9 pilots. But heck I would be game for a DOH with fences on 9E's 900's and the same for Mesaba's 900's. Then put fences on a certain number of Q400 at colgan that they have on property and maybe even some they have on order. Any new aircraft would be open to all. but with ALPA's guidance I am sure they will figure out a way to get this done in a way we will all ........like?

Mesaba pilots got to avoid 400 additional furloughs and 200 captain displacements. Seems pretty fair all around.

That is a good point. But even with this new deal I and many others will be displaced with the loss of Saabs

That is a staffing issue not a negotiated item. The bulk of the money that this contract doles out is to 9L first and 9E second. Mesaba pilots do not get a windfall out of this. I fully expect to see balancing of this disparity during SLI.

Ridgeback, I'm curious about the "9e PC" statement...I know that some of the MSP sim instructors are jittery about what the future holds for them...but I haven't seen anywhere in the summary (not saying it's not there, I could've missed it) that indicates XJ instructors won't be kept on as such...

Ridgeback, I'm curious about the "9e PC" statement...I know that some of the MSP sim instructors are jittery about what the future holds for them...but I haven't seen anywhere in the summary (not saying it's not there, I could've missed it) that indicates XJ instructors won't be kept on as such...

Rvisions to your fom/pom in three segments. Shortly after the third phase 3-5 xj aircraft transfered to 9e's certificate/group. "X" number of XJ pilots will go with the aircraft, but first be givin 1 day ground, 1 sim, 1 pc to "operate" 9e aircraft 9e's way...

Hope the 9e check airman like mesaba guys...

That is a staffing issue not a negotiated item. The bulk of the money that this contract doles out is to 9L first and 9E second. Mesaba pilots do not get a windfall out of this. I fully expect to see balancing of this disparity during SLI.[/QUOTE]

Bingo..the real prize of this TA goes to.......MESABA PILOTS!!!!

Pretty weak argument. Top 600 XJ pilots have seen little to no gain with the TA. We knew our next contract would have little gains for the 900 CAs, to straighten out the blended FO rate, so most of us rationalize the TA that way. But whatever happens with the SLI, this is a truth that should be understood by all.

Really.... We have 7 CA's being displaced as of monday which will cause several more (I one of them) to subsequently be displaced.... True there are no furloughs OR recalls right now. but to say we are not still displacing is not yet true. If I had the option to go now to 200 DTW captain then maybe I'd look the other way at the $5/hr paycut to not be having to commute and maybe even getting to hold a standup line.... Instead I will be looking at either a $36 paycut or a $21 paycut and a difficult (as they all have become) commute.
We might avoid any more furloughs in liew of you guys needing to hire as soon but as for captain displacements, unless you have been told something we haven't, there are still over 100 Saab captains that ARE going to be displaced, at this moment leading to potentially (read almost guaranteed) at least 70 900 captains being displaced. Thanks to the end of the flow up basically every Saab captain here has now changed their bid to 900 captain in thier chosen base as top priority.

Latest resources

Back