• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It should be relative. I know it sucks to have people move ahead of you that have fewer years of service, but relative would allow all to keeps their base, seat and schedule. Schedule is the big one.
^^^ FALSE. This is all about a windfall grab of maintaining lifestyle on the backs (once again) of junior pilots at Pinnacle that will get destroyed by relative.

You've got the signing bonus. You've had cherry schedules for years. What else do you want now?
"Oh yeah, make sure I don't lose any of it... Thanks for all you do, Junior guys."

^^^ FALSE. This is all about a windfall grab of maintaining lifestyle on the backs (once again) of junior pilots at Pinnacle that will get destroyed by relative.

You've got the signing bonus. You've had cherry schedules for years. What else do you want now?
"Oh yeah, make sure I don't lose any of it... Thanks for all you do, Junior guys."

I fail to see how keeping your seat/ base/schedule with a relative integration will destroy any group of pilots.

Pinnacle got the signing bonus because we have been the ones working under an amendable contract for the last 5.5 years. What else do I want? How about keeping a similar schedule to what I've had for the past few years. I'm not expecting to be able to hold tue-thu 3 day trips on the 900, but I don't think it would be fair to go to 12 days off and work every weekend either. I nothing is fair, but relative is the least unfair.

Straight DOH would not be accepted by our SLI team.

Therefore....

either: relative...or...hybrid...or...arbitration.

It should be relative. I know it sucks to have people move ahead of you that have fewer years of service, but relative would allow all to keeps their base, seat and schedule. Schedule is the big one. Who would want to keep their seat and base but go from 18 days off to 12?

No matter what happens, there will be plenty of people that will feel screwed. I just hope it doesn't make it to arbitration. I'd much rather have 9 pilots decide my seniority that 1 arbitrator.
So your saying it should be relative to protect YOUR schedule at the loss of someone else's schedule. *Nice*

So your saying it should be relative to protect YOUR schedule at the loss of someone else's schedule. *Nice*

Relative doesn't degrade anyones schedule. Not even yours.

The idea is that if everyone stays in their seat, base and holds the same schedule there is no loss to anyone. No one gains and no one loses QOL.

The idea is that if everyone stays in their seat, base and holds the same schedule there is no loss to anyone. No one gains and no one loses QOL.
But they may lose seniority (read longevity) and therefore do lose schedule and QOL, just over time. Wish I had those rose colored glasses.

The more and more that I think of it DOH is the ONLY fair way. Everything else is a fantasy in not hurting your coworkers feelings at your own loss. Sorry coworkers, don't mean to hurt your feelings, but this IS a seniority based industry based on your HIRE date.

Sorry coworkers, don't mean to hurt your feelings, but this IS a seniority based industry based on your HIRE date.

Your current seniority is based on your hire date at your originating airline. Your hire date is irrelevant to me. I don't work at your airline. In fact, you'll be coming to work at my airline.

The "winners" of the SLI should be from the acquiring carrier, Pinnacle. That would mean a relative seniority integration with Mesaba and then staple Colgan. Thats how I would do it anyway.

Latest resources

Back