• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I say again, we expect to be fairly integrated. I dont think that is unreasonable.

Don't worry, our group is small and won't change your number or % very much one way or the other.
What you fail to consider is that Mesaba's FOs have much less longevity than Pinnacle's as well. Your small footprint is not as small as you think.

And what's not fair about date of hire? Time served is the one thing we all have in common.

I wouldn't count 2003 as a "long-term" lifer. We have lots of 7 year guys at Pinnacle. The big difference is the amount of 15+ year guys. That's where the big differences are. XJ has hundreds. 9E maybe has 50.*

Now, don't hold me to this. This is all from memory looking at the master lists 6 months ago.

Facts: Mesaba has 127 that were hired before '97. Hardly hundreds. Not only that, but 6 are going to Delta Jan 11th.

I say again, we expect to be fairly integrated. I dont think that is unreasonable.

Don't worry, our group is small and won't change your number or % very much one way or the other.

Having a 2 year pilot from Colgan placed in front of a 3-4-5-6-7... year pilot at pinnacle or Mesaba in not "fair". If you were hired 2 years ago, you go behind someone hired 3 years ago. That is "fair".

And what's not fair about date of hire? Time served is the one thing we all have in common.

Ask that question to an America West Pilot

Simply put, Quality of life in the airlines is based on what % you bid. Changing that % for anyone by a large amount would unfairly hurt that person.

DOH should not be discounted but neither should relative %

Having a 2 year pilot from Colgan placed in front of a 3-4-5-6-7... year pilot at pinnacle or Mesaba in not "fair". If you were hired 2 years ago, you go behind someone hired 3 years ago. That is "fair".

I agree, a combined approach should address this

One thing to remember is that if this thing goes to an airbitrator the pilots have to foot the lawyer and arbitrator bills. ALPA will not do so to remove themselves from any legal liability resulting from people hacked off about how things went. I wonder how big that bill will be...

Ask that question to an America West Pilot

Simply put, Quality of life in the airlines is based on what % you bid. Changing that % for anyone by a large amount would unfairly hurt that person.

DOH should not be discounted but neither should relative %
Ask a 17 year FO Eastie what he thinks of relative seniority.

Last edited:
Colgan should get what they have coming. Snap Snap staple to the bottom. Maybe then you can learn @$%!&@&*(*&$()$)($*_)*#)(&%%&^^@

Latest resources

Back