• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan SLI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do not rule out DOH. Arbitrator Bloch will use previous historical examples, and the only regional example was American Eagle in 1997. Simmons, FlagShip, and Wings West merged and they were all DOH for their SLI. I can easily see it being DOH based, with protection for current seat/base, and all future openings whatever your seniority can DOH hold.

Yes, Mesaba has a good amount of long-term lifers (100+). But Pinnacle was hiring in large amounts during a period (2004-2007) that the other two were not. So there is a good amount of Pinnacle pilots that are stacked in the middle of the list. Relative seniority does not reflect their relative longevity. This has to be addressed, even if it comes into odds with Pinnacle's senior pilots' needs to preserve their seniority against Mesaba's super-senior group.

The only thing I want to say is that there are about 400 pilots at 2003 and before. Granted you said 100+, I just wanted to help with a more accurate number.

SLI could get ugly. I'd rather it not go to arbitration but this issue is going to be so much harder than the contract that I just have no idea how it will go.

The only thing I want to say is that there are about 400 pilots at 2003 and before. Granted you said 100+, I just wanted to help with a more accurate number.
I wouldn't count 2003 as a "long-term" lifer. We have lots of 7 year guys at Pinnacle. The big difference is the amount of 15+ year guys. That's where the big differences are. XJ has hundreds. 9E maybe has 50.*

Now, don't hold me to this. This is all from memory looking at the master lists 6 months ago.

Do not rule out DOH. Arbitrator Bloch will use previous historical examples, and the only regional example was American Eagle in 1997. Simmons, FlagShip, and Wings West merged and they were all DOH for their SLI. I can easily see it being DOH based, with protection for current seat/base, and all future openings whatever your seniority can DOH hold.

You forget PDT/ALG a few years ago, and I think more recently, CHQ & Shuttle America.

DOH will not be accepted at Colgan or Pinnacle. Mesaba won't like straight relative. Its going to have to be some sort of combo. How DOH is weighted toward Relative is the big question.

I wouldn't count 2003 as a "long-term" lifer. We have lots of 7 year guys at Pinnacle. The big difference is the amount of 15+ year guys. That's where the big differences are. XJ has hundreds. 9E maybe has 50.*

Now, don't hold me to this. This is all from memory looking at the master lists 6 months ago.

For us 4-6 year guys at pinnacle, there will be 400 Mesaba guys above us. Doesn't matter if they are 10 numbers above or 500. They are above. Might as well just be DOH. Now, it will be harmful to our senior guys at pinnacle, but they could care less about us anyway. What comes around goes around.

DOH will not be accepted at Colgan or Pinnacle. Mesaba won't like straight relative. Its going to have to be some sort of combo. How DOH is weighted toward Relative is the big question.

Colgan sure expects a lot out of this deal. We all had "expectations".

I say again, we expect to be fairly integrated. I dont think that is unreasonable.

Don't worry, our group is small and won't change your number or % very much one way or the other.

Latest resources

Back