• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Smarta$$, did you get a job with JetBlue?? If so I'm happy for ya man. Im hoping they open their hiring window again soon. I would love to get on the first boat outta here, the days of good schedules at 9E are over...

Hey Smarta$$, did you get a job with JetBlue?? If so I'm happy for ya man. Im hoping they open their hiring window again soon. I would love to get on the first boat outta here, the days of good schedules at 9E are over...

It's open starting tomorrow, you can follow the other XJ FO's who started class last week. Good luck.

Two separate individuals are stating that the 9E group instructed and demanded our merger committee to over-reach on the proposals. Funny, I don't ever recall anyone approaching me and asking what my opinion was regarding an integration method. My voice was never heard. For that matter, I don't even know how our 3 pilots were selected for the merger committee. Most of us were kept in the dark. Our committee never released any information as to what it was proposing or what our stance was. The first time we heard anything was when the Colgan union released a final-standing viewpoint summary of all 3 airlines, and only then did our merger committee come out and admit the truth of what they were doing. Needless to say, I was shocked at the final view method submitted (Jet CA, Jet FO, Prop CA, Prop FO, etc), and I would never have approved that method. Every single Pinnacle pilot I spoke with was also shocked at just how bad this proposed method was. Therefore, I cannot conclude that this was the fault of our entire pilot group. We were all kept in the dark and told everything was basically classified.

I ran into a couple Pinnacle pilots who actually had the nerve to tell me that they were excited to get our Jets (the FO was practically drooling over the upgrade he was expecting and the captain was excited about the 900 he was going to fly) both said they were expecting Pinnacle to offer us mesaba pilots jobs.......really? It made me super mad-but then I ran into a few more Pinnacle pilots-talked to the ones I knew from before this crap sandwich and guess what? I will go with the 10% rule. In any group you get 10% who are dicks. Oh and then add 5% of the people are idiots. So there you have it 15% of pinnacle/Mesaba pilots are dickhead dumba$$es. let the rest of us just leave it be and if you are smart-leave Pinnacle. (oh if you are the ones who made out like bandits in SLI-Stay and see what happens in 2017

I do not agree with the premise that only an "extreme minority" of Pinnacle pilots wanted a reasonable proposal for the combined seniority list. Our ALPA representatives, (as previously stated), never bothered to ask anyone, nor told anyone in the pilot group what our expectations or desires were. They didn't even let us know what they were trying to negotiate for. This is not surprising since our representatives have NEVER cared what any of our pilot group's goals were. They conducted years of Wilson polling and never once disclosed what the results were. I'm pretty confidant they didn't follow any of that guidance either.

To complain about the arbitration is futile. It is what it is. I would say the only "extreme minority" at Pinnacle, are those that are trying to blame Mesaba pilots for our loss. We got screwed, and we have only those that represented us to blame. I'm sure you will see that sentiment after the current election!

I truly don't think our company is prepared for the mass exodus that is coming in the next couple of years. You can only abuse people so much before they finally decide to call it quits.

I am not as worried about the abuse as much as I am about the ineptitude to get anything done. If I am abused, at least I have a job. I am truly worried about this place, especially when the 200 ASA is up. This place is as bad as our federal government. They can't even figure out a time to get everyone together to start talking about fixing things. Pick something and fix it already. Throw us a bone. Give us something to show things may move in the right direction. Declining 700's is not the way to do that.

its just a rumor - but even if it were true its a smart decision. Any thing that is going to make the company lose money is not good. It sucks that they went to GO jets but better than us sucking more and losing our contract.

its just a rumor - but even if it were true its a smart decision. Any thing that is going to make the company lose money is not good. It sucks that they went to GO jets but better than us sucking more and losing our contract.

I 100% disagree. They may have lost the company money in the short term, but with scoped maxed out, you should be sucking up as much as you can. We now lost out on 60ish upgrades and another 100ish pilots. Not to mention this company needs a serious shot in the arm. I think morale might be lower right now than it was during the Mesaba bankruptcy. Also, it does more than just "suck" they went to Gojets. It now opens the door for more competition under DCI, which means even less planes in the future.

How bout we accept new flying and just not suck at it?

Latest resources

Back