• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do not agree with the premise that only an "extreme minority" of Pinnacle pilots wanted a reasonable proposal for the combined seniority list. Our ALPA representatives, (as previously stated), never bothered to ask anyone, nor told anyone in the pilot group what our expectations or desires were. They didn't even let us know what they were trying to negotiate for. This is not surprising since our representatives have NEVER cared what any of our pilot group's goals were. They conducted years of Wilson polling and never once disclosed what the results were. I'm pretty confidant they didn't follow any of that guidance either.

To complain about the arbitration is futile. It is what it is. I would say the only "extreme minority" at Pinnacle, are those that are trying to blame Mesaba pilots for our loss. We got screwed, and we have only those that represented us to blame. I'm sure you will see that sentiment after the current election!

I truly don't think our company is prepared for the mass exodus that is coming in the next couple of years. You can only abuse people so much before they finally decide to call it quits.

Your underestimating the number of 9E pilots that expected to make out like bandits on SLI. There of course were more reasonable pilots, but they were in fact a minority.

It matters because they need to learn from their mistakes. Besides that, they need to stop giving MSA pilots a hard time about the pain being felt by pinnalce pilots in downgrades etc...

Your underestimating the number of 9E pilots that expected to make out like bandits on SLI. There of course were more reasonable pilots, but they were in fact a minority.

It matters because they need to learn from their mistakes. Besides that, they need to stop giving MSA pilots a hard time about the pain being felt by pinnalce pilots in downgrades etc...
Still waiting to see, but there should be no reason I am not in the first transferring class. Now, while I expect some ribbing, I am not going into this with a "Well at Mesaba we did it this way" attitude. I will fly it the way they tell me to. But I really hope there is no childish breaking into flightcase type crap about to happen. I didn't choose to have my company purchased, nor did I have anything to do with the SLI, I am just taking the opportunity for a better commute. We will have fun, as long as common courtesy is extended. In fact first rounds on me, I'm pretty open with my username so call me on it if we fly/train together.

Smarta$$ this has NOTHING to do with you, I just grabbed your post to inject some civility to treating XJ guys fairly.

What I've been told is that XJ pilots will transfer over at the time your recurrent ground and PC is due. Not sure if a transition program has been approved yet.

What I've been told is that XJ pilots will transfer over at the time your recurrent ground and PC is due. Not sure if a transition program has been approved yet.
Uhhhh, I bid it, awarded it, class date waiting, we're transferring now. Aircraft may take longer.

There are a few "plans" in the pipeline. Some better (quicker) than others. The path seems to change with every rise and fall of the sun. The FA's are the biggest issue right now since that group can't be able to operate outside of the lines of their separate union contracts.

Still waiting to see, but there should be no reason I am not in the first transferring class. Now, while I expect some ribbing, I am not going into this with a "Well at Mesaba we did it this way" attitude. I will fly it the way they tell me to. But I really hope there is no childish breaking into flightcase type crap about to happen. I didn't choose to have my company purchased, nor did I have anything to do with the SLI, I am just taking the opportunity for a better commute. We will have fun, as long as common courtesy is extended. In fact first rounds on me, I'm pretty open with my username so call me on it if we fly/train together.

Smarta$$ this has NOTHING to do with you, I just grabbed your post to inject some civility to treating XJ guys fairly.

I expect you will have few problems. I would say your only hurdle would be with the Mississippi Flying Club (jacka@@ MEM SIM guys and check airmen). Otherwise, you will mostly have welcoming people. Some will legitimately welcome you in. Many will pretend that they were always for fair treatment of MSA pilots, just like some on here are pretending that the majority were not trying to screw you.

Either way, I wish you the best. Be patient with the misinformed and those that have been brainwashed with garbage for so long they can't know any different.

PCL is 92 over on CA fences. Welcome next 92 saab CA's! We have seats or you. Thanks Bloch!

Very true. Our most junior Captain at 9E was hired in March 2007 at JFK. Each and every single Mesaba Captain is more senior on the ISL than a March 07 Pinnacle guy. Therefore, by excercising simple displacement rights, every single Mesaba Saab Captain at worse case can always bid and hold JFK CA, and force out our Pinnacle Captains back to FO.

Very true. Our most junior Captain at 9E was hired in March 2007 at JFK. Each and every single Mesaba Captain is more senior on the ISL than a March 07 Pinnacle guy. Therefore, by excercising simple displacement rights, every single Mesaba Saab Captain at worse case can always bid and hold JFK CA, and force out our Pinnacle Captains back to FO.

This is my reality as an 06 hire.

It's mine too as a Mesaba 05 hire, what's your point? By the end of the year I will likely be back in the right seat while 07 Colgan hires bid to the 200 and 05 hires bid the 900. I will likely never get my seat back once pushed out. You probably will before too long, if you get pushed out at all.

Latest resources

Back