• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You 9E leaders hosed you and your fellow group.

I am having a hard time understanding this hose job. 9e got a better contract a work rules. They argued and won the ratioed method for the isl. After 8 years at mesaba I am below all the msp 9e capts.

If I get to keep my place I will be lucky. Yet guys with YEARS less with the company than me will be secure. Honestly I'm looking at a Dowgrade cause I'm not commuting for a captains bad schedule.

And 9e fought really hard on the fact that the saabs were leaving. Yep. 9e the horror of your situation...

Food for thought, this realignment violates Restriction #3 from the Arbitration ISL Award:
[FONT=&quot]3. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Neither the implementation of the ISL nor the implementation or expiration of a condition and restriction herein, in and of itself, shall cause the displacement of any pilot from his or her then-current position (including pilots who have been awarded positions but had not commenced or completed training.[/FONT]

3. [FONT=&quot]Neither the implementation of the ISL nor the implementation or expiration of a condition and restriction herein, in and of itself, shall cause the displacement of any pilot from his or her then-current position (including pilots who have been awarded positions but had not commenced or completed training.[/FONT]

Yes, true. And that condition has not been violated. The ISL being implemented has not caused any displacement. Expiration of a condition or restriction has not caused a displacement. Parking the Saabs and a physical reduction in the number of aircraft has caused displacement. Totally allowed per the Bloch award.

Yes, true. And that condition has not been violated. The ISL being implemented has not caused any displacement. Expiration of a condition or restriction has not caused a displacement. Parking the Saabs and a physical reduction in the number of aircraft has caused displacement. Totally allowed per the Bloch award.
But the preceding paragraph states this:
Pinnacle says all Mesaba aircraft are planned for retirement from service for Delta, reaching zero by December 31, 2011. While there is some dispute on this point by Mesaba Representatives, the public declarations by Delta are unequivocal, and the expectation of this result has been accounted for in the Conditions and Restrictions, below.
To put it simply, Bloch knew this was coming, and strictly forbade any displacements to occur across company lines.

Last edited:
Hey Mesaba guys,

Why are you trying to spin the flowthrough situation to us as if that's a good deal for 9E? As your flowthroughs leave, your ratio could drop below 279. In that very likely case, only a Mesaba pilot can replace those shoes until you're back to 279. The most likely scenario is that enough XJ guys will leave to drop below the ratio quota. Remember, you just barely met the quota now. Whereas at Pinnacle, our 95 CRJ-900 guys are in ATL, and most of them are senior farts that are not going anywhere. Don't even mention the 541 -200 quota, because we are way above that. The ratios don't help Pinnacle one bit. To make it worse, as Mesaba flowthroughs leave, their shoes will only be filled with Mesaba pilots because of dropping below the quota of 279.

Pinnacle got screwed up the butthole on this one. Looking at the entire realignment, about 10 of our guys that were junior Captains have now been displaced back to the right seat, at a different base. Only 2 FOs upgraded to Captain, one was hired in 2004 and the other in 2003. Instantly, we are now at a 7-8 year upgrade. And as I said before, this is only the beginning. Next: LGA, MSP, and DTW Saabs.

Last edited:
Hey Mesaba guys,

Why are you trying to spin the flowthrough situation to us as if that's a good deal for 9E? As your flowthroughs leave, your ratio could drop below 279. In that very likely case, only a Mesaba pilot can replace those shoes until you're back to 279. The most likely scenario is that enough XJ guys will leave to drop below the ratio quota. Remember, you just barely met the quota now. Whereas at Pinnacle, our 95 CRJ-900 guys are in ATL, and most of them are senior farts that are not going anywhere. Don't even mention the 541 -200 quota, because we are way above that. The ratios don't help Pinnacle one bit. To make it worse, as Mesaba flowthroughs leave, their shoes will only be filled with Mesaba pilots because of dropping below the quota of 279.

Pinnacle got screwed up the butthole on this one. Looking at the entire realignment, about 10 of our guys that were junior Captains have now been displaced back to the right seat, at a different base. Only 2 FOs upgraded to Captain, one was hired in 2004 and the other in 2003. Instantly, we are now at a 7-8 year upgrade. And as I said before, this is only the beginning. Next: LGA, MSP, and DTW Saabs.
O.k. fine you got screwed. What do you want XJ pilots to do about it at this point?

But the preceding paragraph states this:

To put it simply, Bloch knew this was coming, and strictly forbade any displacements to occur across company lines.

Negative. He took it into account with the fences and the category/status award.

Latest resources

Back