• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who cares about saab upgrades. By the time a 9E guy goes thru 4-5 months of training, the planes will be gone. Just hangout and relax while XJ Saab captains take your upgrade. Pipe dreams about Q400 can go away too, unless you want to be the most senior FO flying 6 legs to Mc Allen and never upgrade.

It's not bad.....lol Free food at the luxurious Drury Inn and pilots get a suite:)

I don't think some Pinnacle pilots realize the seriousness of our predicament. Just the MEM closure alone cost 10 Captain positions at Pinnacle. Count the Saab Captains and FOs on the Mesaba side of things, and total them up. Then look at their seniority (especially MSP). Now do the math on how many Pinnacle Captains we have. If I had to bet in Vegas: I bet that by the time all the Mesaba Saabs are parked and all the displacements have happened, and after the Colgan Saab reductions, Pinnacle will be left with only the protected quota of 541 Captains on the CRJ-200 and 95 Captains on the -900. The only saving grace would be more aicraft, but that's not happening anytime soon.

I don't think some Pinnacle pilots realize the seriousness of our predicament. Just the MEM closure alone cost 10 Captain positions at Pinnacle. Count the Saab Captains and FOs on the Mesaba side of things, and total them up. Then look at their seniority (especially MSP). Now do the math on how many Pinnacle Captains we have. If I had to bet in Vegas: I bet that by the time all the Mesaba Saabs are parked and all the displacements have happened, and after the Colgan Saab reductions, Pinnacle will be left with only the protected quota of 541 Captains on the CRJ-200 and 95 Captains on the -900. The only saving grace would be more aicraft, but that's not happening anytime soon.

We are all Pinnacle pilots now. The sooner you realize this, the faster life will get better for you. Again, if you think you can upgrade faster somewhere else, go there. You obviously think you can upgrade faster here than other places because you are still here. It seems as though upgrade is the only thing you care to look at (not saying that's a bad thing).

It took me about a week after SLI to swallow my pill and move on (at least to the point I don't rant about it), and my only option is to move up in airline quality at this point. It's been almost two weeks since the award came out. Please swallow your pill and move on or quit to go to the regional you will upgrade faster at.

Should be at least 2 openings on the Saab to replace the Chuck Yeagers who can't find the destination airport.

Hey-

Any gulfstreamers getting downgraded?

This I do not know. But it shouldn't matter. Bottom line is you have a Pinnacle pilot being downgraded due to Mesaba's Saab fleet reductions, the resulting displacements, and the reality that other pilots, some physically junior in DOH, are getting Captain positions throughout the company.

Latest resources

Back