• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very true. Our most junior Captain at 9E was hired in March 2007 at JFK. Each and every single Mesaba Captain is more senior on the ISL than a March 07 Pinnacle guy. Therefore, by excercising simple displacement rights, every single Mesaba Saab Captain at worse case can always bid and hold JFK CA, and force out our Pinnacle Captains back to FO.

Things are about to get even uglier. Believe it or not, the MEM Saab drivers were quite junior on the CA side. DTW closes the first week in November, with MSP to follow shortly. LGA is set to close by DEC. Lots more displacements in the near future. Frank says the next notice will be out in 2-3 weeks. I'm on deck! Time for the gold and black. See you in the smelly armpit of TN. Don't worry, I can't type the apps fast enough to get out of this mess...I'm surely trying though.

MSP is going to be the ugly one. 900 displacements and 200 displacements with the most senior Saab base. I am hoping for a couple months off while I wait for training. I wouldn't mind being home for my kid's first Christmas.

MSP is going to be the ugly one. 900 displacements and 200 displacements with the most senior Saab base. I am hoping for a couple months off while I wait for training. I wouldn't mind being home for my kid's first Christmas.

All things considered, I give you kudos for thinking about the family before your career. In all seriousness, that's the last thing on many minds these days- myself included.

Cheers to you, but I hope your fears don't become reality. I think many folks who say "I'm fine" are ignoring the gorilla in the corner. He's just getting hungry.

I never thought I'd say this, but SF340 CA in CRW or IAD would sound like a dream come true!

*Fingers crossed* and hoping Bloch's clarifies the Saab fence/quota so 9E isn't barred from Saab Captain positions!

Be careful what you wish for line holders at Colgan are looking at 9 to 12 days off all the way up to number one on our list, Thanks Mesaba Crew Planners. That is why you will see mass exit from colgan into the jet side of the house.

Be careful what you wish for line holders at Colgan are looking at 9 to 12 days off all the way up to number one on our list, Thanks Mesaba Crew Planners. That is why you will see mass exit from colgan into the jet side of the house.

Soon enough we will all be under one pairing generator and PBS software. We are already prepping to do it and we will be up in YUL later this month testing the new program. Once that happens the "QOL" will totally depend on seniority, staffing, and the types of flying that each fleet/base does.

Latest resources

Back