• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm not blaming Mesaba pilots. I was saying don't take credit for something where credit wasn't due. I blame the failures of the merger committees and that stupid arbitrator Bloch.

Stop whining, and arguing with Mesaba pilots about it. What is the point? What are you accomplishing? Its not their fault, regardless of whether they come out ahead or not. They didn't cause anything, so drop the subject. Period.

The merger committee did what the bulk of the Pinnacle pilots were pushing them to do, which was to over-reach. The merger committer had no CONTROL over the situation. Blaming them for a bad outcome is pure ignorance. There was no "magic" lever to create the outcome you desire or think you deserve. So again, drop it. You look like a fool for bringing it up again and again. You also look like a fool for placing blame where it does not lie. Yes, bloch was a complete F#$%^ moron, but it was the fault of our own pilot group for mandating the merger committee over-reach grossly on the integration proposals, which led to bloch being handed the keys to this freight train in the first place.

The blame lies with 9E management and 9E pilots. To argue anything else is narrow and small minded.

Reality is a bitch.

For the billionth time, Pinnacle started hiring in Summer 2010, before even the Mesaba purchase. Our staffing increased because we were cancelling tons of flight and had 35,000 (or more) hours of flying for July and August of 2010. The subsequent hiring and upgrading had nothing to do with Mesaba or your contract. In fact, the JCBA didn't even come into the picture until when it was signed in Feb 18. Pinnacle hired and upgraded because it had to, not because of the Mesaba contract. In Summer 2010 when we started hiring, no one knew what JCBA negotiations would look like. It seems a little arrogant for a XJ guy to take credit for our staffing increase, when that was not the case starting in Summer 2010.
Did you even read my post. I stated the reason your staffing, and therefore quotas were different was due to you pre merger management decision to operate that way. I said nothing of the JCBA increasing your staffing. As SmartA$$ says, blame your own company for that pearl, not XJ.

Hey there Mr. Mesaba guy,

I don't have much to say. I just watch.

FWIW your XJ CA rep for the MEM base bid DTW. AND XJ put their LGA base to the MEM XJ council. Silly politics. He's no longer eligible AND you just gave MEM more votes.

Think, review, speak,

-Higney

Hes a phantom in dtw. Check the policy manual before your speak, or better yet dont.

this entire issue is on the back of Delta-who kicked a profitable good airline to the street-to Pinnacle who accepted Delta decision to shore up their crappy fleet structure (they need the 900's in order to survive 2017 when Delta takes the 200's away)-on the back of ALPA for not having a fair and defined merger policy-and for the MEC's and their committees that allowed this to happen. I mean come on! How does Colgan and the Mesaba super senior come out on top while everyone else is screwed....( note I do not think most 9E captains got screwed other than they did not get to take the mesaba 900 slots like they wanted.

I do not blame the average pilot walking through the airport-I just am concentrating on my family-my job and trying to find somewhere else to go!

My friend at Delta said they were worried about where they were going to get pilots. Hmmmm....where could they have gotten pilots? In my view, Delta does need to take a lot of the blame.

Latest resources

Back