Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's my take...

There are individual winners and losers from each pre merger lists. The award was not meant to keep that from happening. That was inevitable. It was meant to keep a group from receiving a windfall. Was that achieved? Who knows, it will takes years to look back and see. Each group had gains, each had losses. None of them were in a good situation to begin with, and all brought problems with them. If you think your company was "the best" or "saved" another, your delusional. None of them were good! They all would or could have suffered big losses of airframes due to fuel costs, operational performance, or just being a Tprop. None of our jobs were safe, or were our company politics/culture the best.

Now we can blame others, point fingers, or compare losses all we want, but the reality is, the seniority list is not going to change. It is now time to move forward... together. We need to stop complaining, and start coming together to form a strong union, and cohesive pilot group. Infighting will only lead to forming separatist groups within the ranks, such as the "Red book/Green book" or "Delta North/South" or even "East/West." Or we can come together to form a profitable (Corp and Individuals), safe, and efficient airline. The choice is ours, and it will be happening soon. My choice is made. I am looking forward to training on Sept. 12th. I am looking forward to wearing black-n-gold. And I am looking forward to helping the company, myself, and other pilots into becoming a successful enterprise.

I agree with CptMurf. An Us vs.Them mentality between the pilot ranks will help no one. The SLI is history. It's time to put the finger pointing behind us and work together as a team. Trust me, we're gonna have many more obstacles in front of us as an airline and pilot group.

Almost by definition if you have a ton of post's on FI your not happy.

..........along with the career progression of all pre-merger Pinnacle FOs. :angryfire

you should really increase your complaint to include all FO's at this new company as then maybe more would care......

you might want to include the 01'-04 hire mesaba captains who got screwed worse than you did.

Oh and you might want to include everone who is not senior enough to hold a 900 position or Q400 position in 5 years as all the crj200's will be parked or farmed out to the lowest bidder.

Latest resources

Back