• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan Reallignment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh and you might want to include everone who is not senior enough to hold a 900 position or Q400 position in 5 years as all the crj200's will be parked or farmed out to the lowest bidder.
Enough with the 2017 talk. I've heard enough. It's speculative.

But you know what's real? Your Saabs going away. And you know what else? 10 Pinnacle downgrades with more to come on behalf of Mesaba's failed business model.

So please, zip it. If you get downgraded in 2017, you have every right to come yell at me. Until then, shut your mouth.

xjhawk,

flyprdu has a good point. Your '99 or '01 to '03 hires may have not had the best seniority integration, but look at the current picture. Forget what will happen or could happen in 2017. The current picture for ALL those Mesaba guys is that as the Saabs are parked, each and every single one of them is pretty much guaranteed a RJ jet captain spot. Some may get the base they want, others maybe not. But as far as seat goes, they are getting the left one. Pay is therefore right up there for them as with other Captains. The only thing the seniority thing will affect them in todays world is a schedule. But come on, who's gonna complain about a schedule considering your standalone Mesaba reality was downgrades and furloughs? Your '01 Mesaba hires have not been screwed. They will each be able to hold a RJ Captain spot as the Saabs are parked. They will not get a paycut, they stay in the left seat. Now compare that to our guys. We've just had 10 Captains get downgraded. That's back to the right seat, 45% cut in pay (minimum) and a majority displaced out of their base. That is a real hosing right there, not the '01 hires.

That's back to the right seat, 45% cut in pay (minimum) and a majority displaced out of their base. That is a real hosing right there, not the '01 hires.

How could they not hold the base they wanted if they got downgraded? They should be pretty senior FO's if they were just captains. Anyways, this is really starting to get old. I am sorry your company bought another that was losing airplanes. Now we all feel the pain. If you think it's going to be 7 years to upgrade, then go somewhere else where you think it will be less than 7 years. Oh, it may be speculation at this point, but make no mistake...we will be feeling major pain in 2017 when the 200 ASA and our contract is up at the same time.

edit: replace we in the last sentence with Pinnacle. I hope to god I am not here in 2017.

Last edited:
How could they not hold the base they wanted if they got downgraded? They should be pretty senior FO's if they were just captains.
Ok, they must have had another base at a higher rank FO. Or maybe they didn't put their FO bids in properly because they were under the impression the implementation of this would not displace any pilot out of their current seat. The 9E side of things is still awaiting a union response to the many questions pilots have fielded.

Anyways, this is really starting to get old. I am sorry your company bought another that was losing airplanes. Now we all feel the pain.
No one's more sorrier than I am, and I called it if you check my previous post history regarding this topic.
If you think it's going to be 7 years to upgrade, then go somewhere else where you think it will be less than 7 years. Oh, it may be speculation at this point, but make no mistake...we will be feeling major pain in 2017 when the 200 ASA and our contract is up at the same time.
And for that reason alone, I plan on being out of here by 2017.

edit: replace we in the last sentence with Pinnacle. I hope to god I am not here in 2017.
Good, we think alike on some things.

Last edited:
Yup. Pretty dumb. The whole point was to save the printing costs. Now will pay for printing and probably never get a good situational awareness tool in the cockpit.

Where's the memo on the IPads being on ice? Last memo I got was a glossy 4-pager describing in great detail the different phases of implementation.

But you know what's real? Your Saabs going away. And you know what else? 10 Pinnacle downgrades with more to come on behalf of Mesaba's failed business model.
You know the sad part... The reason your quotas are off (and subsequent downgrades) is you companies pre merger business model. And the reason you enjoyed a significant raise is due to Mesaba's model. So in a since, you traded one for another. Then you blame XJ for your problems. nice.

All this sniping amongst one another isn't going to solve anything, nor is the company or the union. The only thing that is going to make this company viable in the industry is what we do everyday as point-of-the-spear employees. Generate revenue. The sooner you realize that you have little control of the events that have driven the company to the state it is in, the sooner you will have some sense of peace. When it comes right down to it. The threads that have discussed our plight since the sale of Colgan and Mesaba have not really suggested a single rational solution to any of our current problems.

All this sniping amongst one another isn't going to solve anything, nor is the company or the union. The only thing that is going to make this company viable in the industry is what we do everyday as point-of-the-spear employees. Generate revenue. The sooner you realize that you have little control of the events that have driven the company to the state it is in, the sooner you will have some sense of peace. When it comes right down to it. The threads that have discussed our plight since the sale of Colgan and Mesaba have not really suggested a single rational solution to any of our current problems.

I have reported you and your entire post to moderators, FI.com is no place for logic, calm, intelligence or "...single rational solution(s)...". You, sir, are a menace.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back