Pinnacle, Mesaba, Colgan get TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well... What do you guys think?!?

I haven't seen anything yet, but heard from a couple of sources that there is two different pay scales for Colgan and Mesaba SF-340 pilots.
If true, why is that? Why are Mesaba pilots getting paid more than Colgan?

Summary went out in an email from the MEC...should be in everyone's Inbox by now...overall, I'd say it's an improvement...the only ones who may be less than pleased will be the usual suspects...ones who partook of too much "ALPA-glory-we're gonna get it all-Kool-Aid" and the ones who are never happy with anything...I'll be voting "yes"...

Read it twice now. I see nothing of this. Now the Q rates don't catch up to 200 CA rates till DOS+4. Is that what they are talking about?

There were two emails. One was put out by the XJ MEC and the other was put out by the JNC. One of them didn't have the pay scales. The one that DOES have the pay scales shows a "MESABA GRANDFATHERED" SAAB rate and another rate for SAAB.

It's been long stated that the Mesaba SAAB rates were the best in the world (I've always thought it was a myth but that's me). I think what happens is Colgan gets a pretty good raise and no one at Mesaba gets a cut.

There were two emails. One was put out by the XJ MEC and the other was put out by the JNC. One of them didn't have the pay scales. The one that DOES have the pay scales shows a "MESABA GRANDFATHERED" SAAB rate and another rate for SAAB.

It's been long stated that the Mesaba SAAB rates were the best in the world (I've always thought it was a myth but that's me). I think what happens is Colgan gets a pretty good raise and no one at Mesaba gets a cut.
Yeah didn't catch that. Just kept reading text version, which is why I deleted post. Got a call in to a rep to get the whole story there.

Personally, I don't like the carve outs, such as this. Or the no min day in bases with less than 25 crewmembers. It becomes too confusing, and we are all equal in this, so why carve out?!?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back