• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle is not Comair V2

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's bad enough when a flow is used as a carrot, but this is not even a flow.

The amount of seats in the class may be locked in, but it doesn't say how many Pinnacle pilots they have to interview to fill those seats. It just says they go through the list twice and then it's done. Obviously it won't be this bad, but they could interview every single pilot at Pinnacle twice and only take enough to fill one class, right? There isn't a percentage of Pinnacle pilots they need to take, just a percentage of each class that needs to be Pinnacle pilots until they go through the list twice.

I am assuming there was a side deal (there were rumors about side deals when they canceled the last flow for Mesaba) to say they will take those ALPA reps who were in the meeting-you, you, you, you, you you you....and we want a provision to go through the list, create whatever standards for hiring Pinnacle pilots we want on that day, and deny whoever we want. We will go through the list, and then its done. Oh yeah, if ALPA is voted out, you lose the bridge and all your planes. Got it?

I am sure it went something like that.

Absolutely no reason Delta will not take a good number of pilots from 9E. There are a lot of very sharp pilots on the 9E ISL with spotless company/FAA records as well as a ton of valuable flight experience. I have seen who Delta has hired from our ranks in the past and we have many others who are as good or better than those individuals. Delta can turn down some of the undesirables but at the end of the day we have spots in class guaranteed with sir Richards signature on it. If the requisite number of 9E pilots are not in Delta classes on a yearly basis then we have a breach of contract.

If the requisite number of 9E pilots are not in Delta classes on a yearly basis then we have a breach of contract.

That and a Metrocard will get you on the subway in New York every time.

You are naive to think that that this will be only unique to Pinnacle. How long do you think it will take to up-grade at the other regionals once they start parking 50 seaters? Up-grades will be several years away if you're not already on property at another regional before Pinnacle goes away.

Naive! Yep you got me. Mystery solved.

Absolutely no reason Delta will not take a good number of pilots from 9E. There are a lot of very sharp pilots on the 9E ISL with spotless company/FAA records as well as a ton of valuable flight experience. I have seen who Delta has hired from our ranks in the past and we have many others who are as good or better than those individuals. Delta can turn down some of the undesirables but at the end of the day we have spots in class guaranteed with sir Richards signature on it. If the requisite number of 9E pilots are not in Delta classes on a yearly basis then we have a breach of contract.

This is just too dang funny. What do people at 9E drink?? This has got to be more than just purple kool-aid!!

Then again, I haven't fed a troll in a long time...

Consider your quarterly feeding completed.

Last edited:

One day you will learn about smoke and mirrors. However, I hope you are right and your smoke and mirror lesson is not to be learned this time around.

If it isn't in writing then it doesn't exist.

Way too much KoolAid in this post. "Breach of contract"? Tell that to a judge who won't care when 9E is a WHOLLY owned carrier of Delta and Delta decides to change some metrics.

While I agree there are lots of good pilots at 9E that would be good pilots at Delta, the SSP interview is not going to be covering that crowd initially. The first couple hundred pilots at 9E have been at 9E Corp companies from the 80s and 90s. Let's face it, if they had a desire to go to Delta, they would have a long time ago. For their personal reasons, they did not. Now that 9E is screwed, they want their chance to flow up first. If I was a Delta HR, you can bet I'd ask that in the interview. Why Delta? And why now? I see you had 5000hrs in the 90s, did you apply to Deta then? How about the mid 2000 decade hiring cycle? Or the 2010 cycle? Isn't it true you're only here because 9E's predicament? Or are these illegal questions?

Latest resources

Back